“Overpriced. Terrible Attitude”

Murray's Toggery Shop
Ranked #4 of 21 Shopping in Nantucket
More attraction details
Owner description: Shop selling the island's signature Nantucket Reds clothing.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I walked in here and no one greeted me. I said hi and the salesmen ignored me. I looked at some of the clothing and examined the belts. $175 yikes! This store is a terrible tourist trap in my opinion. I went over to the Nobby Store where they have just as authentic Nantucket clothing (perhaps more authentic), have been in business since 1930--and the owner is an exceptional gentleman.

2  Thank Rolf L

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

So we ventured into this really nice department store (more than once) the first time no one spoke to us. No greeting, no nothing. Usually when one enters a store someone greets them - not here. The second time we went back to purchase a sweat shirt no price marked on the shirt and no sales help. When we went to check out I don't think the clerk spoke to us other than to tell me the tots. No, did you find everything you were looking for - nada. This is a really nice store with excellent ( if not overpriced) merchandise but no matter how successful - they all need to go to a Ritz-Carlton customer service class.

2  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Nice clothes and accessories, way over priced. Might even be overpriced for some Nantucket residents and tourists. I would probably not be paying $250 white linen men's shirt even if I might be able to afford it, that's just me. However, if you would and can, this store might be place to consider for shopping for your clothing and accessory needs. Located on the main thoroughfare in town!

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Yes, you have many boutiques in which to purchase clothing on island, but Murray's is the only department store on island and it is right on Main Street. Get your original Nantucket reds at Murrays and wear them proudly! The retailer has been around for 70 years!