“A great find we had missed before”
Review of The Oregon Club

The Oregon Club
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Hard to believe we have lived in the next town for years and never found this place before. It's in an old house that was a speak-easy at one time and the atmosphere is cozy-eclectic.

The food was terrific. We split Judy's salad to start.- very nice I had "the Steak", which melted in the mouth and had wonderful flavor. You might want to read about how they prepare this before you go, as the outside looks charred, but the inside is so, so tender and the outside has fabulous flavor. It also appears that the chef has a light touch on the doneness - I ordered medium and it was closer to medium rare, which was fine with me anyway. The guy at the next table sent his back because it wasn't done enough. In the end, we both wound up happy.

Lovely one had the Cod which she rated as "terrific". For dessert we split the carrot cake. This is perhaps the best carrot cake I ever had - flavorful, moist, and full of texture.

Our server, Tina, was nice, friendly, and prompt. Everyone we ran into there including the hostess and the other servers was very nice.

One more tip - they have "meal deals" which include an appetizer, entree and a dessert. Good to check out as a money saver.

My suggestion is to read the history of this place, as it is interesting, and then, by all means, go there.

3  Thank driving_vacations

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Unique back story, excellent food and service - highly recommended. Entertained business associates here (party of 9) in a private room that was perfect for the occasion. Vegans in our party were treated to an amazing Chef's choice entree. I'm not a local, but those who were said they will return.

2  Thank Ray D
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Just happened to be in our way to Boston for convention and stopped to get gas. I searched TripAdvisor for places to eat nearby and the Oregon Club popped up. From the outside their patio is well lit, but the fire pit made it way too smoky to enjoy. It really did have the speakeasy atmosphere as described in website. My colleague ordered the meatloaf and said it melted in your mouth. I chose the salmon and I would say it's in the running for the best salmon meal I've ever had. This place is a short drive off Route 9, but by far it is worth the trip and you avoid all the chain restaurants that are plastered in the area. Go eat here and it will not disappoint.

2  Thank Ladybug6016
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Cute patio and very nice surrounding. I've been there before and wanted to take my husband. The menu is great and can satisfy many tastes. Nice wine list. We have problem with couple of bottles (which waiter confirmed that they are corked) which they gladly changed it. Staff is just fantastic and helpful. Enjoyed very much our night out. But I think the chef is a bit heavy handed on salt. Everything was salty for average person. I like salty food but everything we ordered was border line salty. The quality and variety is great just a bit on salty side.

2  Thank Coco T
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The Oregon Club is a sweet, out of the way place with a solid menu. It's not flashy or trendy (I consider this a plus!) but has delicious food and the last time we were there, a very attentive waiter. It's a go-to birthday-celebrating place for our large group of about 10 women so we always snag the room off the back just for ourselves. I had the pork shank, the meat fell off the bone and tasted delicious. The mashed potatoes could have been a bit more creamy for my taste, but was the perfect comfort food that went with the dish. I would love to come and just have a drink and appetizers out front at the fire pit, but it is hard to remember this place is here precisely because of its hidden gem location. The rooms are fairly dark lighting but cozy (an old speakeasy - and you can feel the history here!), I have only eaten once in the main dining room at the front but it was just as good as the other times we have been here. There is a $27 fixed price (3 course) meal option which is a great value. Give it a try - just when you think you can't find it (in a residential area fairly close to the Framingham/Ashland line), it will pop up. Plenty of parking. Nice and relaxing - you don't have to shout to be heard!

1  Thank C B