“Great neighborhood place”

Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Cute patio and very nice surrounding. I've been there before and wanted to take my husband. The menu is great and can satisfy many tastes. Nice wine list. We have problem with couple of bottles (which waiter confirmed that they are corked) which they gladly changed it. Staff is just fantastic and helpful. Enjoyed very much our night out. But I think the chef is a bit heavy handed on salt. Everything was salty for average person. I like salty food but everything we ordered was border line salty. The quality and variety is great just a bit on salty side.

2  Thank Coco T

Reviewed 15 September 2017

The Oregon Club is a sweet, out of the way place with a solid menu. It's not flashy or trendy (I consider this a plus!) but has delicious food and the last time we were there, a very attentive waiter. It's a go-to birthday-celebrating place for our large group of about 10 women so we always snag the room off the back just for ourselves. I had the pork shank, the meat fell off the bone and tasted delicious. The mashed potatoes could have been a bit more creamy for my taste, but was the perfect comfort food that went with the dish. I would love to come and just have a drink and appetizers out front at the fire pit, but it is hard to remember this place is here precisely because of its hidden gem location. The rooms are fairly dark lighting but cozy (an old speakeasy - and you can feel the history here!), I have only eaten once in the main dining room at the front but it was just as good as the other times we have been here. There is a $27 fixed price (3 course) meal option which is a great value. Give it a try - just when you think you can't find it (in a residential area fairly close to the Framingham/Ashland line), it will pop up. Plenty of parking. Nice and relaxing - you don't have to shout to be heard!

1  Thank C B
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I attended the Oregon Club for a business dinner. The food and the service was excellent. When first opened in the post-prohibition 1930s, one had to be a member, or a guest of a member of the club to gain access. One would sign in upon entry. This rule was relaxed after fifty years or so. Entering the club now, one feels as though they are stepping back in time. One almost senses the presence of Former Boston Mayor, James Michael Curley, or perhaps a group of prominent doctors, a judge here and a few lawyers there. This was a place to escape the pressures of the outside world. A place to have a decent drink and an excellent meal.

1  Thank Cliff W
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I had the oyster stew, house special salad and the special which was sword fish. All the food was very good. We sat outside and the weather was perfect. We split the check and even after verifying which credit card went with which bill he somehow got it backwards resulting in a $8.00 over charge for me and no tip for him. The meal was expensive but very good. My price for the above and three glasses of wine was $78.00. It is quite a drive to get to the restaurant but scenic.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great food. Friendly service. We enjoyed it every time we went. Local cuisine, american food done well