Book In Advance

from US$ 29.00
from US$ 63.70
from US$ 75.30
More Info
All reviews unusual design biggest chandelier holy water modern style bell tower worth a visit macedonia square icons architecture orthodox priest christ arches grandeur city saint striking
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

This modern church has a very traditional dome ceiling with beautiful fresco paintings. The mix of styles is more like a mashup but the result is quite interesting.

When we visited there was a traditional celebration for Saint Clement Ohridski - a Bulgarian saint - with crowds flocking to kiss the icons on display.

Priest would shower worshipers with holy water for a small consideration ... otherwise no cost for visit.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I first saw this church 12 years ago and was very impressed. Now when I return I have the same feeling that I am staring at a space ship. Although it has icons like an ortodox church, I do not feel it like one. It has nothing in common with orthodox, catholic nor muslim way of building churches. And the bell tower is also built in a strange modern style.
When I entered the church the audio sound system was swithched on and a lady was reading some sort of modern christian poem/letter explaining to God how much guilty she was.....no comment
I recommend the visit of this place. I cannot say how you will feel about it. I do not really feel it like a church. Rather a modern interpretation of Star wars in macedonian style.

1  Thank 353deyanb
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a very beautiful church inside and outside. Unusual design outside. Holy water fountain close to the entrance.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

According to the employees there this is relatively new Church, build in the period of 1980 but is biggest Church in Macedonia

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

As the header states, the winner is this church. I walked in and was blowed away. The massive chandelier the wall and ceiling art. I sat and absorbed the beauty and got lost in the painted stories. A must see!!!