“7 AM Bagel and Coffee”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome bagels with free veggies.
Cool, funky spot.
Good coffee and extensive pastry selection.
Supporters of local agriculture.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This is just a great breakfast place.

Awesome omelettes (the goat cheese, roasted red pepper and spinach is my fave), delicious pork and turkey sausages, and truly magnificent multigrain pancakes will satisfy every hungry lumberjack.

They proffer a large selection of eggs Benedict (two perfectly poached eggs atop English muffin halves bathed in creamy, tart hollandaise sauce) with a variety of accompaniments and home fries.

Coffee is just "meh", but get your espresso on at the sister shop, the Black Sheep Deli, next door while you wait for a table.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I visited the Howling Wolf twice during a stay for my sister-in-law’s wedding. It was two visits and two different sorts of experiences, and I should be honest about the different contexts as they might color my perceptions.

The first day was just me and my wife and son on a Sunday morning. It was great. We had a table with attentive service…I had the savory crepe which was filling (a bit too much so in fact) but well done…just a bit heavy on the polenta but that’s no sin. My son enjoyed his eggs/pancake/sausage/potato kid’s meal and my wife had a really nice benedict. We were quite pleased, and were eager to return the following day.

Alas, the second day was a larger affair involving a gaggle of in-laws and family friends. It was also a Monday morning, a time that I expect it is usually quieter. Well, not when we came to call. About 8 of us showed up with another 5 en route, and were informed there was not enough seating for all of us together. Was just an unfortunate issue of one table of two seated between the potentially adjoining sections. No big deal, we just decided to do groups of two. So, well and good. But the fact that we were straining the outer limits of their capacity for a Monday morning meant we waited a long time to get our orders for drinks taken, followed by a second long-wait for the food orders. Followed by a large hiatus during the meal service for refills on coffee etc. All of which is forgivable but my cheese blintzes were burned. Not just crispy, actually burned. This was potentially salvageable but the flavors themselves were just sort of meh. One miss is okay but my wife’s omelet was also sub-satisfactory,

So which was the really experience? I’m really not sure. They were both legit so the best I can conclude is that a visit here is a bit of luck of the draw…might be great, might be meh. So perhaps shoot for either prime time when they are staffed up or a particularly quiet off-hours visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Great food, large portions, creative southwestern cuisine in a casually comfortable atmosphere. Great place to meet for breakfast or lunch. The owner makes wonderful contributions to the community, take a look at what they do for the Cancer Connection in Northampton MA for their Harvest Dinner Fundraiser, it is a truly amazing event, and they have been a large part of its success.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed this casual local Sunday breakfast stop. Good food, poor service, tight quarters. Waitress never checked back after delivering food. We flagged a worker and asked for extra lemon for crepes and they said they ran out. I would try other breakfast places first.