“70th birthday party”

The Barn Pub & Grille
Ranked #24 of 49 Restaurants in Amesbury
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Reviewed 11 December 2016

We had my husband's birthday party in the function room. Leo was very helpful with setting up the room and menu. I asked for help with the amount of food etc and he worked with me. I had many guests come to me to say how good the food was. I was very satisfied with the food as well as with the manner in which the food was served. I would not hesitate to have another function catered by this facility.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We bailed on the heavy traffic on I-495 and found the Barn. Just a quick stop for lunch and everything was satisfactory. The service was quick and friendly. Got directions back to the highway to avoid some of the traffic.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I havnt eaten here yet but every time ive been ive had a good time. It is the definition of a local dive bar, if you are looking for frills it is definitely not the place for you. But if you are looking for darts, pool or to watch a sports game definitely check this place out.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Great pub food at a reasonable price. Good service and comfortable booth seating. Ample parking is a plus!

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

When there are so many places to eat, why go somewhere terrible. Cold food. Wrong order. Awful service (and it was empty).

The kicker? It's hard to mess up a beer but...undersized beer...12 ounces for every 'pint' - check out the thick glass on the photo.

"Well I could have fixed it if I had known" is what the waiter said. But the waiter didn't stop by the table once the 'food' was dropped off.

The staff and kitchen need to take a little pride in their business and work. When you mess up something as simple as a Caesar salad (no dressing no croutons no cheese - lettuce wrap), you need to evaluate your staff and their motivation for success.

Just an all around super disappointing experience in a really cute town. Don't mess up your day trip by coming here!