“Good Chinese Food - in the restaurant!”
Review of Great Chow - CLOSED

Great Chow
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2016

We have gone several times since moving to the area because I am very fussy when it comes to Chinese food. It is absolutely delicious if you eat it there. DO NOT TAKE OUT! Three times I have ordered takeout and 2 of those times, I was irritated. Chicken fingers in house are soooo good, I ordered them to take home, and they looked and tasted dried out as if they had been reheated from the previous day. Seriously??? The next time I ordered for home, the order was confused. I ordered the Pu Pu platter and the crab Rangoon looked like it had been recooked. Horrible! My egg foo yong was supposed to be shrimp - veggie! This time I called to complain. They will give me a free egg foo yong next time.

As expensive as they are (and trust me, if it is good, I will pay almost anything) they cannot afford to cut corners with their customers.

I love the inside of the restaurant, I love the guy with the bow tie at the counter, everyone is so nice. Some of the waiters are more personable than others, but there could be many reasons so I won't complain about that. The drinks are POTENT! I am a one drink wonder, so I get knocked on my butt pretty quickly. I can never finish a drink there. LOL !

Other than the terrible take out, I love this place and will go back again and again. You can't beat great Chinese food.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I've been a long time patron of the Quincy location and, while in South Weymouth recently, decided to check out this location. We got there around 8 on a Friday. There was no wait and we chose to sit in the bar as a band was going on soon.
Service---fine. The waiter came right over, promptly brought us drinks but was a little slow in asking us if we wanted more. We had to track him down for that. Was a little pushy on placing our food order but once he took it, it came out very quickly.
Food--absolutely nothing to write home about, but not horrible either. Typical americanized "Chinese" food. Crab rangoon were overly sweet, the rest of the food was lukewarm and lukewarm lobster sauce is not a great experience. But it is what it is. The fried peking raviolis were very good but when I asked for the sauce it usually comes with, I got a bowl of soy sauce instead.
Atmosphere--I have nothing else to say other than loud. Loud. Loud. Oh my good God, loud. I was at a small table opposite my friend in the back of the bar area behind the wall at the actual bar. Once the band started playing, we were screaming at each other to be heard.

Overall, it was a decent night out, the beers were cold and, despite operating at a 10+ volume, the band they had were solid. Next time, I will just order a couple of appetizers for food.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank lisadZ9727KY
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Sign in front of restaurant states Sunday Buffet, no specific dates or times. A group of family member went to restaurant for a birthday celebration and were disappointed. We were told the buffet is only in the summer. Asked to speak to management about issue and none available. We left, wondering whether to return in the future. Found another establishment to celebrate.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Always delicious. Never had a bad meal there. Dine in or take out. Reasonable prices. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

Great Chow has really good food. My only complaint would be that they are alittle pricey and there sushi menu doesn't have too many options compared to other places. Staff is always friendly and fast. Also they push the prices way way up on new years eve.

Date of visit: September 2015