All reviews front desk club lounge medical center westfield mall starbucks coffee restaurant staff indoor pool bed was comfortable this past weekend downtown area naval academy computers usna
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

As long as rooms/amenities are standard, I feel most hotels are the same. Beyond rooms, I judge a hotel by its staff. The front desk and housekeeping were great. What really made the trip was the attentiveness and personality of the bartenders. Recep and JP were fabulous. They remembered our drinks and made them perfectly! Very engaging and charismatic! While we enjoyed the restaurant and bar options in the area, each night we were excited to have our last drink with Recep.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Elsa J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear K-Smiles,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis, your "home away from home", where life is a breeze. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Bar tenders are very excited to read your comments about them. We appreciate it. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

When the Crown Plaza Annapolis was offered as part of the IHG Point Breaker I knew I had to take the deal. For the price of 5000 points (or net 3900 points) it was a great deal.

Despite the somewhat shabby exterior and the less than staller location (i.e., it is not close to the heart of the action, but rather situated on the highway at the edge of town) the stay was wonderful. The interior seems to have been recently renovated, and apart from the slow elevators everything was in good working condition, seems to be fresh and new, with modern design motives. Plenty of toiletries and towels in the bathroom. Plenty of power ports all around the room. Big flat screen TV.

My status was acknowledged at check-in with an apology that they could not accommodate me at the highest floor as in my profile (probably a first in my entire IHG stays that someone even acknowledge the request). The room was not upgraded but I was on the quiet side of the hotel as promised at check-in.

I have only interacted with the check-in desk, but if the enthusiasm, kindness and professionalism is any indication of the rest of the staff than the hotel management has done a great job. This was probably one of the better and most memorable check-in experiences ever.

All in all, the hotel is a very solid 4 stars hotel. If you do not mind the distance to the downtown attractions, then it should be a first-rate choice in Annapolis.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Dear MDDCFlyer,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis, your "home away from home", where life is a breeze. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate it. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Kudos to Bar Tender Recep. He is extremely friendly and customer oriented. Made the stay pleasurable. I would come back again.
All staff has been pleasant and readily available to assist. Room is great. Service is great. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis, your "home away from home", where life is a breeze. Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Recep is thrilled to learn that you mentioned his name in te survey. We appreciate it. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Our company signed a room block for 50+ nights total. Unlike other hotel brands, they do not award points to planners if the individual guests pay with their own credit card. The back office staff at Crown Plaza Annapolis didn't understand their own policy and it took over a month to get points even for my personal stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank PeterH8831

Dear Mr. Peter H:

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule providing your feedback regarding your stay at the “Crowne Plaza, Annapolis, MD” showing your concerns about the event planner points not issued. During the block of rooms guest were individual pay of own and majority of the guests have their own IHG member numbers earning the points of their stay. Event Planner points are issued on the basis of the client paying and fully responsible of all the charges of the room block and any F&B charges. We have issued the points on F&B as paid by you. I am extremely sorry we followed the IHG policy. We truly value you and your business.

As a VALUED GUEST, thank you so much for your loyalty towards Brand and the Property. If there is anything further I can be of any assistance feel free to contact me directly. We hope to serve you and your business soon when your travel plans brings you back into the area.

Very respectfully: Elsa John

Reviewed 1 September 2017

8/30-31/17 Rm. 320 This room is a well appointed suite with two rooms. It also borders route 50 and is noisy with the large number of trucks running all night. This is the pool end of the building. If you are a light sleeper your choice of rooms should be on the other end of the hotel. I am early riser and my wife likes to sleep in. This suite and bed are perfect for us. This hotel is not as upscale as some of the HIE 's but does have a grand foyer. It's much nicer than the HIE around the corner but breakfast ($10.95)is not included. Breakfast was very good with bacon, scrambled eggs, home fries and had a good supply of fresh fruit that was delicious. Service was excellent. Much better than the typical HIE breakfast.

Since this hotel is a renovated Sheraton; the toilet, vanity and doors must have remained. The toilet is very low as is the vanity; good for people 5 feet and shorter. Doors stick and that is irritating which maintenance could fix. One piece of orange art work looked like it was from Indigo; way too modern. This is Annapolis; get more boats on the wall. One that is here is great. They have no ice machines and you must call to get it delivered. Tip expected.
Our maid did not supply our regular coffee, cream and sugar and we had to call for that. Coffee is Starbucks which is one of the worse.

With some of the negative shared, staff service is friendly and the hotel is spotless. The pool area and exercise room are also very clean and inviting. Spent most of my day in the pool and hot tub both which were at perfect temperatures. Pool water was about 84 and hot tub about 103. Most of the day we had it all to ourselves. There is also an outdoor area for laying in the sun. Really nice.

Having lived in this area for 25 years I know the area well and this is a great central location for Baltimore, Washington and Annapolis. Plenty of crab houses, franchise foods and independent eateries. Chevy's is a great Tex Mex on 2, PF Changs Asian,
Firehouse and Jimmy Johns Subs. Ledos is my favorite pizza place down by the airport on 2. Downtown Annapolis is also worth visiting and sitting on the pier. Just a great area and this hotel is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Light sleeps should be on the opposite side of the pool. Suites are great.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Bob,

Thank you so much for for taking the time to complete the survey. We a thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis and in the Annapolis area as well. We thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.