“Fancy and sizzling restaurant ”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 377 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Third Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Have to dress nice for admittance. Steaks were sizzling when they were handed out plus got to choose the steak knife. Went in February 2017 for my 18th BDay. Fries container is big so 1 container is enough to share. Prices are between $10-$60
It’s a sit down restaurant and spend at least an hr & a hour.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I started with the carpaccio and then had the filet. He had the New York strip. Both were cooked to perfection. The service was stellar. No complaints at all. We decided to skip dessert, but everything looked good! Would definitely return!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Valet parking was nice especially since it was raining out when we left. Hostess welcomed us and got us a nice table upstairs which was very comfortable.
Downstairs in the bar area was quite noisy. Our server was attentive. Bread came and the basket had a nice bread with raisins that was quite good, the french bread was not fresh. We ordered some wine and the special steaks 6 Oz. Filet which came grizzly and lacking firm texture.
The side of spinach was not tasty but the mushrooms were really good. Both the Caesar Salad and the beet salad tasted like they had been made yesterday. For desert we had banana creme pie. Crust was not good. Overall we expected more for our dollars and we felt like we were letdown.

1  Thank frequentdiners2017
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Have a lovely dinner with the table of five we had a wonderful time finished our dinner and have a manager come up and complain that we were too loud after there was no one sitting around us. When was the licious service was fabulous but manageable for the entire evening won’t be bad in the future will go to the local establishment Lewned

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We recently ate at Ruth's Chris in Philadelphia and had an amazing experience, so decided to drive an hour plus for date night in Annapolis. We arrived for our 8 p.m. reservation to an empty host stand, where we waiting for 10 minutes before someone appeared. That should have been our first clue.

Our waiter was friendly, and we ordered the ($59) seafood tower to start, and then salads plus filets. Our lives are extremely hectic and we hoped for a relaxing dinner. The tower arrived, shortly followed with our salads (mine was overdressed) - this was fine as our waiter asked if we wanted to wait or not. The problems, however, soon started.

We hadn't finished the tower and were halfway through salads when our waiter told us our entrees were ready and would we like to wait. Yes. We wanted to wait. He left and we continued eating.

Less than 5 minutes later our food arrived. The waitress actually made me move the salad I was eating so she could set down my filet. Irritation immediately set in. My guess is the waiter either fired our food too early, or the chef forced it out. Either way - unacceptable.

I went to the bathroom (which I couldn't find - three employees standing in the hall and I had to ask for guidance) and when I came back our filets were gone. My husband had sent his back - it was cold. The waiter took both, which is appropriate.

We waited and waited and my husband continued eating his lobster, then realized his lobster cracker had been cleared in the servers' haste. I had to flag down a busboy, who was changing the tablecloth at the table next to us. He told me to wait. Once he finished, he brought the cracker so my husband could finish his lobster.

After a wait that stretched too long our new filets arrived. We both ordered medium rare - my husband's was nearly inedible - blue. He lacked the energy at that point to say anything, so he ate what he could.

The waiter brought us 'new, fresh' bread. We soon realized our knives, aside from our steak knives, had been cleared. A minute thing if isolated, but at this price point I'd expect a server to notice the details, like missing utensils.

About halfway through the steak what we assume is a manager visited and asked how things were. My husband explained about the cold steaks. The manager did not apologize and instead countered, 'How were the second ones?"

His solution was to let us pick any dessert off the menu rather than have the one offered with the $59.95 classic option that we had selected. That classic dessert, by the way, was the saddest apple galette I've encountered.

To sum, here is how the restaurant could improve with better management:
Properly trained waitstaff. Simple things like attentiveness, noticing missing utensils, directing guests to the bathroom, etc. are expected at this level of dining.

Train the staff not to rush guests. Don't let them place a $50 piece of meat down at a table when someone is still eating, especially after they've asked you to wait.

Don't let your host/hostess leave the stand unattended for 10 minutes. First impressions set the tone and it isn't a good look.

Get the kitchen staff up to par. If you promote 500 degree, sizzling plates make darn sure you send them out like that. There is never an excuse for letting cuts of meat that cost that much sit under a heat lamp. Get the timing down and do justice to the Ruth's Chris name and reputation.

Find a manager who better knows how to deal with issues. Apologies are not underrated.

In summary, we left irritated and disappointed. We have no problem spending money on good food and eat out regularly. We are Lewnes people and only came here for the seafood tower. We will not return, and will ensure our friends that unlike most, this Ruth's Chris is best avoided.