“Perfect weekend retreat”
Review of Reynolds Tavern

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Reynolds Tavern
Ranked #11 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Lehigh Valley
“Perfect weekend retreat”
Reviewed 29 June 2008

Fantastic is all I can say. Planned a weekend surprise getaway before our next child is due. Wes and the rest of the staff were completely helpful in pulling it off. Excellent dinner, fantastic breakfasts (tough choice deciding whether the stuffed french toast or the crab cake Benedict was better!), with an afternoon tea that thoroughly delighted my wife. Location can't be beat, walking distance to everywhere you'd want to go, great suites (tall guys like me will have to be attentive with the short door frames), and excellent hospitality. Bonus points for you husbands that plan a retreat here with your wives! Looking forward to coming back again.

• Liked — everything!!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2007

After a friend recommending it, I've come to Reynolds Tavern two years in a row for my birthday with friends and I recently came back by myself.

It is the most amazing place for atmosphere, friendly service and wonderful tea and food. They serve a traditional English high tea, with a large list of teas to choose from. All of the finger food is good, but their scones are the best on the Eastern Seaboard.

It is a great place to go with girlfriends or alone to relax and get away from it all. I can't wait to go back!

Stayed October 2007
USA
Reviewed 6 July 2007

We arrived on a rainy day and thought our plans would be drowned, but ended up thoroughly enjoying the cozy atmosphere of the Tavern! The hosts were attentive to our every need and the room was exquisite. There is great attention to detail, with modern marble bathrooms in an historic building that brings you back to a simpler time. I've stayed at B&B's that are cramped and uncomfortable, but this one is spacious and quite livable, which we would have loved to do and never come home! When we finally got out to see the town, it complimented the Tavern with its charm and history. The only thing that got us out of our snug bed (I had to check the mattress, since I never slept so well!) was the great breakfast and amazing tea that they serve. There is a unique display of tea cups and pots and an equally intriguing array of choices to drink. I love this place and hope to make it a regular stop on our summer vacations.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank BunburyUsa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2005

Reynolds Tavern is located in the heart of Annapolis, steps away from the oldest Capital building in the U.S.

From the moment I walked in to Reynolds Tavern, I had the feeling I was going back in time to colonial days. As a matter of fact, George Washington is reported to have visited the tavern. The british influenced decor in the Zagat rated tea room is perfectly proper, especially for the high tea served daily. Two cozy rooms to the right and left of the main entry hall make up the Tea Room. The ambiance is cozy and the food is scrumtious! Try the declicious, hearty Crab Benedict for breakfast. It's a popular place for lunch, the resaturant was full both days I was there. Home made scones and delicious deserts, such as; Three Berry Tart, strawberry shortcake in the summer, lemon bars and key lime pie are served during high tea.

I stayed in The Jefferson Suite which had a king size four poster bed.The room overlooked Church Circle, and at night church bells chimed which added to the charming setting. Adjacent to the bedroom was the sitting room with a second small TV and a large armoire with terry robes. A couch and writing desk finished the room. The bathroom was recently updated with floor to ceiling tile.

For the most part, the entire brick colonial building is in its original form, including the nutmeg colored wide plank floor and staircase leading to the two suites and one room. ( The Washington Suite is a smidge larger and equally attractive)

For history and non history buffs this lovely inn is the ideal getaway for a long weekend. You won't be disappointed!

The innkeepers are genuinely gracious and accomodating, and that adds even more appeal to an already appealing place.

6 Thank TrueReview10