“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reynolds Tavern

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Reynolds Tavern
Ranked #13 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Cleveland Ohio
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Over the course of the last 10 years my wife and I have visited Annapolis and stayed at the bed and breakfast properties around the circle. I got this one thinking it was one we stayed at before. I booked it months in advance since there was an event at Navy and was worried about vacancy. What a great surprise!

The innkeeper is fabulous and caters to people better than any other we've experienced. He has the answers and is a fabulous cook. Special omelet one morning and eggs Benedict another made our day start out perfect. I'm sorry I missed the french toast. The room was filled with antiques but it was extremely pleasant. Even though the amenities were older they were very comfortable, bed and couch included. The bathroom is updated and nice. Door heights are about 6.0' so duck if you are tall.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and had a great steak and seafood dinner. Around the corner but in the basement is a nice little pub that we frequented. It was a great convenience to stop for a beer and then climb a stairway to our room.

Overall one of the nicest B & B's ever for us.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Darlington, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

This charming and refined B&B is in the height of activity in Annapolis. Just around the corner from Ram Head's Live you can walk to attend any concert that is being performed. The staff was very sweet and accommodating, and seemed excited to have us stay. Our room was a mix of old world charm, and modern necessities. You would think with the proximity to all this activity that there would be a problem with noise, however, I found it very quiet and serine. Their food was delicious, however, if you are more of a burger and fries kind of person and do not like to try new things then this is not the place to dine. However, if you like fine dining or at least to try something new, then I suggest you give the food a try.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have eaten at Reynolds Tavern on numerous occasions, but never spent the night. We recently spent a night in the Jefferson Suite and enjoyed it tremendously. If you are looking for the comforts of a 4 or 5 star hotel, Reynolds is not your place. The building dates to the 18th century and it truely has the ambiance of an old inn. Our suite was spacious with a California King bed. The TVs are not flat screen, but do have cable.

Reynolds is located on Church Circle within walking distance of everything in Annapolis. This is particularly good since driving in Annapolis can sometimes be a challenge, and parking is at a premium. A full breakfast is offered to overnignt guests. We had New Orleans French Toast and it was superb, as is all of Reynolds' food. The rooms are a bit pricy, but if you like old charm and great food, Reynolds Tavern should be considered.

Room Tip: The Jefferson Suite is located on the second floor at the front of the Tavern on Church Circle. Priv...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulSuzanneTravel
Clarksville, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

My wife and I spent a weekend at Annapolis staying at Reynolds Tavern. Our experience was very positive, mostly due to a very convenient location of the tavern in Annapolis city center, its attentive innkeeper, Wes, and the quality of the dining at the tavern. We stayed in Mary Reynolds room that was reasonably comfortable, although a tad warm (it was the hottest weekend of the year). Where the Reynolds Tavern shined was in the meals they provide at the inn. The Afternoon Tea (included in the room rate) was wonderful - that includes the tea selection, the finger sandwiches, the mini-tarts and the scones. The breakfast was also nicely presented and delicious. The taverns central location makes it easy to explore the best of Annapolis on foot. We had a great time at the Reynolds Tavern.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
New Hope, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

Let me begin by saying this establishment is not really a B&B. It's a restaurant/tavern/tea room with 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. The focus is most definitely on the tea room. My party of 4 arrived on a rainy afternoon and the restaurant was very busy. There is no separate entrance for the B&B, so you are entering with the restaurant patrons into a small foyer area. We had many items to carry in because we were staying and also attending a bridal shower. No one offered to help at all except to say they would hold our items for us until our rooms were ready. In fact, the owner watched my 76 year old mother struggle with a package and did nothing! When I had called to make arrangements, I spoke with a lovely woman on the phone. I explained that the shower was at 3:00 so we were hoping to be able to get into our rooms a little early. She said that would not be a problem as long as the rooms were ready. Needless to say, it was a problem. We were told the rooms would not be available until 3:00. Now understand, there are only 3 rooms. How long could it possibly take to clean them? This was 12:30. As it was pouring rain, we really did not know what to do or where to go and the owner offered no suggestions. After standing awkwardly in the foyer for about 15 minutes, we discovered a cozy little pub below the tavern. Why didn't the owner suggest this as a place to wait while the rooms were being readied I'll never understand. I think he was annoyed with me. We had a lovely lunch and I returned upstairs around 2:30. Owner said we could have our rooms @2:45. Came back up @ 2:45 and was told we could not get in until 3:00! At this point I felt as though the owner was simply being petty. I'll never understand how someone in a service profession could have such poor people skills. We were finally able to get into our room @ 2:55 which left us with 5 minutes to get ready for the bridal shower.
The next morning(around 9:00), not a cup of coffee or a live person, to be found anywhere. How can you run a B & B and not provide coffee for your guests? I had to walk to the Starbucks around the corner. There are so many reviews here praising the owners for their hospitality and helpfulness, I can't understand it. Perhaps we just caught them on a bad weekend? I'm not really sure. But if you're a frequent B & B guest I don't think you'll find Reynolds Tavern(the name should have been a clue) to be what you're accustomed to. Oh, and the total cost for 2 rooms 1 night was $644!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family