Reynolds Tavern
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Annapolis
See available hotels
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswashington suitetea selectionchristmas tealemon barsnext morninglong weekendking bedwesmarilynbuffsluncheoninnkeepers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My wife and I spent a weekend at Annapolis staying at Reynolds Tavern. Our experience was very positive, mostly due to a very convenient location of the tavern in Annapolis city center, its attentive innkeeper, Wes, and the quality of the dining at the tavern. We stayed in Mary Reynolds room that was reasonably comfortable, although a tad warm (it was the hottest weekend of the year). Where the Reynolds Tavern shined was in the meals they provide at the inn. The Afternoon Tea (included in the room rate) was wonderful - that includes the tea selection, the finger sandwiches, the mini-tarts and the scones. The breakfast was also nicely presented and delicious. The taverns central location makes it easy to explore the best of Annapolis on foot. We had a great time at the Reynolds Tavern.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Let me begin by saying this establishment is not really a B&B. It's a restaurant/tavern/tea room with 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor. The focus is most definitely on the tea room. My party of 4 arrived on a rainy afternoon and the restaurant was very busy. There is no separate entrance for the B&B, so you are entering with the restaurant patrons into a small foyer area. We had many items to carry in because we were staying and also attending a bridal shower. No one offered to help at all except to say they would hold our items for us until our rooms were ready. In fact, the owner watched my 76 year old mother struggle with a package and did nothing! When I had called to make arrangements, I spoke with a lovely woman on the phone. I explained that the shower was at 3:00 so we were hoping to be able to get into our rooms a little early. She said that would not be a problem as long as the rooms were ready. Needless to say, it was a problem. We were told the rooms would not be available until 3:00. Now understand, there are only 3 rooms. How long could it possibly take to clean them? This was 12:30. As it was pouring rain, we really did not know what to do or where to go and the owner offered no suggestions. After standing awkwardly in the foyer for about 15 minutes, we discovered a cozy little pub below the tavern. Why didn't the owner suggest this as a place to wait while the rooms were being readied I'll never understand. I think he was annoyed with me. We had a lovely lunch and I returned upstairs around 2:30. Owner said we could have our rooms @2:45. Came back up @ 2:45 and was told we could not get in until 3:00! At this point I felt as though the owner was simply being petty. I'll never understand how someone in a service profession could have such poor people skills. We were finally able to get into our room @ 2:55 which left us with 5 minutes to get ready for the bridal shower.
The next morning(around 9:00), not a cup of coffee or a live person, to be found anywhere. How can you run a B & B and not provide coffee for your guests? I had to walk to the Starbucks around the corner. There are so many reviews here praising the owners for their hospitality and helpfulness, I can't understand it. Perhaps we just caught them on a bad weekend? I'm not really sure. But if you're a frequent B & B guest I don't think you'll find Reynolds Tavern(the name should have been a clue) to be what you're accustomed to. Oh, and the total cost for 2 rooms 1 night was $644!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ReadToSucceed
Reviewed 25 February 2010

My husband surprised me with a Valentine's Day getaway to Reynolds Tavern in Annapolis. What a perfect place to feel at home! Reynolds Tavern has it all... Lovely innkeepers Wes and Marilyn float around offering the hospitality that makes an inn memorable and are both really interesting to talk to! Reynolds is one of the original buildings in historic Annapolis (1747) so everything from the house to the furnishings to the basement tavern give you a sense of the history there. Gourmet breakfasts each morning provide cozy privacy in the dining room which isn't open to the public until lunch. The chef's menu is full of a variety of scrumptious offerings for lunch and dinner (the Valentine's Day prix fixe was incredible). Afternoon tea is delightful and very filling yet inexpensive - a great idea for showers, luncheons and leisurely social time. And being within a short walk of everything in Annapolis's historic district is a treat - plenty of wonderful restaurants, shops and local ice cream! We stayed in the Jefferson Suite - huge, plush and thoroughly modern with an authentic sense of history. The tavern downstairs (separate entrance and no disturbance inside the inn) is fun and even had live music one of the nights we were there. This was a real find and we definitely plan to visit Wes and Marilyn again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Room and Building were fantastic; the food delicious (breakfast was excellent). Nice ambiance, and great hosts- Wes and Marilyn. Prime location in the center of "the action"- close to Historic District, City Dock, Nightlife and the Naval Academy. We would recommend this delightful B&B to Anyone visiting Annapolis. Complete with an excellent Pub on the bottom Floor- The Sly Fox Pub- who poured the best Guiness in-town!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We had a fun weekend in Annapolis! The room was super, very big, clean - we were welcomed and our bags were taken right away, given some good direction as to where to park, go and eat and how to catch a taxi - the best part was the huge comfy bed! It was like a giant marshmellow! We had a wonderful dinner and even better breakfast (complete w tea!) the next day.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)