“Just Adequate Mid-level Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 31 December 2015

We were directed to the Doubletree when our usual choice, the nearby Hilton Garden Inn was full. These are comparable hotels in most ways but the Doubletree is a noticeable level below the Hilton.
• Room: just adequate size, furnishings clean and okay but rather dark overall. Bed and linens acceptable.
• Bathroom: quite small and rather cramped, with lighting just adequate for makeup application.
• Con: the fan for the climate control was unusually loud and I prefer white noise for sleeping. I mentioned this at the desk at checkout and was told that they would do something about it, but I can't say if this is a one-room problem or systemic.
§ Overall – Value of the Doubletree depends on price.

Room Tip: check on noise level of fan
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
AnnapolisDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear gimpel:
Thank you for taking the time to review the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your feedback and the information you shared.

Although the Hilton Garden Inn is your preferred hotel we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family and I am delighted that you stayed with us when they were full. We strive to provide comfortable accommodations and great service.

Again, thank you for review the DoubleTree and we hope to see you in the future.

Dhaval Brahmbhatt

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for the Pitt vs Navy military football game. We had a block of 3 rooms together on the Hilton honor floors ;
Service: I would give an A. The front desk, bartenders, waiters and shuttle drivers were the best part of the stay.
The shuttle to the game or into town was free and very convenient.
Great location with plenty of bars and shops nearby. Wanted to try mission BBQ but never made it! Next trip
The hotel is older and the rooms shown their age. We stayed in the tower closest to the front desk. My biggest issue was that the Ac unit would not go lower than 68 degrees. We like a cold room to sleep and couldn't adjust the temp. Additionally the tv channels line up was small. We couldn't watch the football game in our rooms but only at the bar.
Breakfast servers were great but the buffet food was average.
The hotel is pet friendly and usually puts pets on first floor. As someone with allergies I would suggest not staying on first floor

Stayed: December 2015

Dear Leah G:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis. I appreciate your feedback and the information you shared. Thank you for your positive comments for the staff. We strive to provide excellent service, along with services that make our guest stays more pleasant and comfortable accommodations.

I am glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary shuttle service to the game and area attractions. Traffic can get congested on game days and parking is challenging. I apologize that the room temperature was not as cool as you would like and the television did not have the channels that you preferred. However, I am glad that you were able to watch your favorite game in the Ports of Call Restaurant and Bar. As mentioned, we are pet friendly but we do try to limit the area where pets are allowed.

Again, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in 2016.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

My stay at the Double Tree Hilton in Annapolis, MD was very relaxing and comfortable. The staff was extremely accommodating and courteous. The room was quiet and comfortable with all of the items I needed--coffee &/or tea, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I will return for sure.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Dear Carrie N:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the outstanding rating in all categories.

We strive to provide outstanding service and comfortable accommodations and I am thrilled the staff exceeded your expectations.

I wish you happy holidays and we look forward to seeing you in 2016.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

I had a very good stay at the Annapolis Double Tree. there was a young lady named Takisha who went above the call of duty to get me some toothpaste that I forgot to pack. She was going to go buy me some, but I told her it wouldn't be necessary. When I got up the next morning, there was a bag with toothpaste in it hanging from my door. The restaurant was outstanding even for a hotel restaurant. Very much exceeded my expectations. Breakfast waiters were fast, funny and accommodating. My only issue was there was no Fridge! That wouldn't have been so bad, but the ice bucket was so small, I had to fill up the liner of the waste basket with ice to keep my soda cold. I would recommend you stay there.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AnnapolisDoubletree, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Dear E8656MOthomasa:
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor for the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for rating the hotel Outstanding in several categories. It is wonderful to receive the feedback on our team members and your review will be shared with the entire team. I know Takisha will be pleased that she made a difference in your stay. I am also delighted that you were able to dine in the Ports of Call Restaurant.

For future stays, we do have refrigerators available on request. I am sorry we were not able to meet your request on this trip.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 18 December 2015

Victoria Evens (Front Desk) was so pleasant to my family. She made us feel at home every night, provided great insight to Annapolis Md. She is wonderful, The entire staff did a fabulous job, they provided great meals, turn down service, tasty / filling breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear Jose R:
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review for the DoubleTree Annapolis on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the "Outstanding" rating for all categories. It is especially thoughtful to recognize a staff member by name and I am sure Victoria will be happy to know she made your stay comfortable. Additionally, your review will be shared with the entire team.

I am also, happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in the Ports of Call Restaurant.

Again, thank you for staying at the DoubleTree Annapolis and we look forward to see you again.

Warm regards,