“Great room”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently when a previous hotel we were at was not quite what we expected. The doubletree was fantastic!! The hotel is large and there is free parking. There is also a free shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up in downtown annapolis. The bed was also very comfortable. The staff was extremely nice. We came back early from dinner and decided to have drinks in the hotel bar and our waiter ( Dathan ) was so nice. Stay here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jesspenn30

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here recently for a business trip the Naval Support Activity Annapolis. The hotel is in a decent location, about 15 minutes from the Naval Station and maybe 10-15 minutes from downtown Annapolis.

The hotel is large and has plenty of free parking. There is a strip mall across the street with plenty of shopping, and Annapolis Town Center is about 1 mile away.

I was upgraded from a double bed to a king room and given two free breakfast vouchers. I thought this was odd, because I selected the myway preference to be bonus points. In the end, I got both the points and the breakfast.

The restaurant was decent. There weren't many people there in the morning, so the waiter offered to make my eggs and anything else I wanted, in addition to what was available at the continental breakfast area.

The gym in this hotel is great, there are multiple cardio machines, as well as a full set of weights. The equipment is in a good shape and had built in tvs (that actually work).

If you happen to get a breakfast voucher, you can redeem it in the restaurant, or at the little pantry next to the front desk. If used at the pantry, you can get 12 bucks worth of "stuff".

The room itself was nice and comfortable. The doors are sturdy and you can't hear hallway noise. The only downside is there isn't a full body mirror. My girlfriend stayed with me and that was her one complaint.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a number of times - never disappointed. Friendly service, clean rooms - a the shuttle will take you anywhere in town - a big plus!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Ok. So, this is my 2nd time staying at this location for a 3 day conference. The first time, last month (Feb), I thought that the lady at the desk was just having a bad; however, to my surprise, this time (March), she was still having a bad day. She was not welcoming AT ALL. As a matter of fact, it was if I was bothering her as I was checking in, there was no eye contact, and I had to overhear the gentleman waiting on another guest, when I returned to the desk, that the hotel has a complimentarty shuttle. (By the way, she didn't tell me about the shuttle last month, neither.) My 17 year old son takes our bags to the room and calls me on the phone. There's only 1 bed in there. I will be 50 years old next year and my son looks like his about 15. Normally, when they give you your room they will say, "I have you in a room with a ___ bed. Well, she never told me that there was only one bed in the room. So, I ask for a room with 2 beds. When the lady gave me my room key, I asked her if the room was near the end of the hall way. She told me "No, it's in the middle." Well, as I got off the elevator, I turned the corner and walked, and walked, and walked. We were the 3rd room from the end. Nowhere near the middle as I was told. If I hadn't been too tired, I would have went back down and requested another room. It's sad, yet nice to know that I wasn't the only one that she treated this way. I ran into a lady at the hotel who was disturbed. She started telling me about her experience with Ms. Glorious. Oh, my! That's the same lady who checked me in. What a name to have -- She can't even act 1/2 the part. My suggestion, if she doesn't like her job, then she needs to find a new one. By the way, the rest of the staff, from the hotel desk, to housekeeping, to the guy who put out our food were all nice and professional. I think that Ms. Glorious needs to take note.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Nice sized rooms, surprisingly quiet. Friendly staff. The place has been renovated which has given them nice flatscreens and king-size beds.

• Stayed: March 2012
AnnapolisDoubletree, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We very much appreciate the positive feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis.

We hope when your travels bring you back to the Annapolis area, that you will stay with us again.
Warm regards,