“I LOVE The Doubletree Annapolis”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I am currently working in the Annapolis area and I stayed previously at two other hotels before I discovered The Doubletree. I was very frustrated with the other two places I had visited, however after staying at the Doubletree, I will never look for any place else to stay! Excellent! Excellent!!

The staff is "excellent", and after a few visits they address me by my name and pamper me beyond what I expected. The food at the Ports of Call Restaurant is a absolute elegant experience.

And last but not least......... "the warm chocolate chip cookies", given to each guest at check-in along with a warm smile and welcome, are the best!

C. Y. Holliday-Parker

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Easszzy

Reviewed 3 October 2007

This is the second time I attended a conference at the Double Tree in Annapolis. Both times the conference was an hour long, since I only get a 30 minute lunch, I can only attend the second half. Food is buffet style, however, I find it rude to eat while the speaker is speaking. Right after the speaker was done, the staff, who is waiting right there, took the food away, they do not wait until everyone has left, some of us did not get any food and was told we could not take any away with us, that is fine, but the food is taken away so fast we could not get any. Since this is the second time this happened I know it was not just a fluke. The speaker on my last conference almost did not get a plate himself. The staff needs to be told not to take away the food before everyone leaves. I was told that they take the food home for themselves when there is left overs. The staff was rude & almost learking over the food so that they can take it. I will never attend another conference here.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2007

I recently stayed two nights. We were fortunate to get a large suite. The hotel offers free Wifi and a nice 24hr office with two PCs with a printer. I had two breakfasts with the second day the service was rather slow. Be aware if you get a room facing the highway like we did, it is rather noisy. The hotel is nicely located across the street from a strip mall with shops and a few restaurants. Otherwise, there is nothing else walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 September 2007

Spent 1 night in August there. Room was clean and well equipped. Walls are a little thin, there was a baby in the room next to mine that cried pretty much all night and woke me up several times. Check in/out was efficient.

The hall leading to the room smelled musty and there was evidence of either a problem with the air conditioning vents (condensation) or water from the roof because of a number of missing ceiling tiles in the hallway.

Location is ok. It's not downtown but not hard to get to.

Biggest surprise was the bar/restaurant. The food was very good and the menu was varied. It is well above the average.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Barnacle_Bill1
Reviewed 6 September 2007

I spent three nites at Doubletree with my husband and ten year old son. We were there during the last week of August.

We had a very good time. We enjoyed our stay. The room was large with a very comfortable king bed. The room did look out over a busy highway but the noise was minor.

The outdoor pool was enormous by hotel standards. It was L-shaped and very deep on one end. Everyone had plenty of room to swim and play.

I did not bring a laptop so I utilized the business center. There were two computers and the internet was fast. The maintenance dept. responded swiftly when I reported a computer problem one morning.

The fitness center was open when I was there. It was small but very clean, with about 4 machines and weights. Looked fine to me.

The hotel is on the outskirts of town. It is a short drive to a mall and fast food places. My son was thrilled with Fuddruckers.

All in all, we found it a very pleasant place to stay while exploring Annapolis.

Stayed: August 2007