“Probably fun... if you can every actually get the tour”
Review of SegZone Tour of Annapolis - CLOSED

SegZone Tour of Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of Annapolis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Probably fun... if you can every actually get the tour”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have yet to experience the actual tour! I purchased groupon thckets, which direct one to call a number for reservations. Business for SegZone must be booming, because the line is consistently going to voicemail stating "we are on the other line" and my 27 calls to reserve the tour- over the last week and a half- have gone unanswered and are yet to be returned.

I will be seeking a refund from Groupon; I can't see rewarding such lack of professionalism. What a shame; such a fun idea managed so poorly.

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Annapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SegZone Tour was so much fun!”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Even though our guides showed up nearly an hour late, it was still a wonderful experience. After short, but thorough instructions, we took off through Annapolis. The tour we chose was one hour and it was just perfect. The guide showed us many historical sites and had lots of interesting and funny stories to share. Riding on the Segway was so much fun. It's very easy to maneuver. Everyone in our group did fine. I definitely recommend trying it.

Visited October 2011
Washington DC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“OMG Don't book a tour and don't ever prepay - they didn't show!”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

4 friends and I were so looking forward to our segway tour of annapolis on Tuesday, Nov 15th - I purchased the 5 tickets on line and received my confirmaton and e-ticket right away - I was very impressed .. well very very very unimpressed now .. We arrived at 9:45am - 15 min before tour and waited outside their business .. no one showed ..we waited til 10:30am, left a dozen or so messages on the phone listed on the e-ticket - no one has ever answer let alone returned my calls from 2 days ago - are they out of business - a nice lady at the bakery next door said it's happened before - I'm calling amex to request my money back! Sketchy sketchy!

Visited November 2011
4 Thank Elise L
Denton, Maryland
“Awesome”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband & I received tickets for the Segzone Tour of Dover Downs for our birthdays. We ended up having to reschedule due to Hurricane Irene. Steve was very helpful arranging our rescheduling.

We arrived at Dover Downs to see Steve prepping the equipment. After a quick overview of the Segways, we were allowed to cruise the parking lot in order to have a little practice before the tour. We were joined by Brian, the Speedway Representative, who was in charge of the informational part of the tour.

In an effort not to get too wordy, I need to just say how fun and awesome this tour was. I am not a huge NASCAR fan, but I walked away with a lot of very interesting knowledge about the Dover Downs facility and the sport. My husband, who is a big NASCAR fan, was thrilled by all the behind the scenes knowledge. We were both excited to ride the Segways. Who else can say they went 12.5 mph on 2 wheels around a world-renowned race track!?!

If you are unsure about purchasing this tour, just do it. Brian and Steve were great and will make sure you enjoy yourself!

Visited October 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“Best tour we were ever on!”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My friend and I bought the segway tour through Groupon. We didn't expect much, but it turned out to be the best thing we ever did! Our tour guide told interesting stories to engage us without inundating us with too many boring facts. Typically, we are exhausted after a one hour tour, but after Steve's tour, we were energized and ready to explore on foot. However, while walking, we missed our segways. We highly recommend taking this tour! We are poor school teachers, but we would pay for another tour with Steve. Enjoy!

Visited August 2011