“An early evening treat in a convenient Annapolis restaurant.”

The Chop House - Annapolis
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Annapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Happy Hour at the Chop House is a treat you don't want to miss. Beginning at 5 p.m., you can order from a special, shorter version of the full menu offered by the Chop House, as long as you are willing to sit in the spacious bar area. The food is delicious and there's something for everyone...from the Kobi beef fan to the vegetarian. Selected wines are available for $ 5.00 a glass. Valet parking is available, or you can park in the adjacent garage.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

My husband and I decided to try The Chop House for Valentine's Day. And it was horrible. I called about the dress code. And I was told they will not turn me away if we "dressed down" but we will feel out of place. When we arrived, guests were dressed down. And the restaurant is not as "fancy" as they make it out to be. Our server was horrible. We barely saw her. And if we asked for something. She looked like we were bothering her. Or if we needed something, she was never around. She never asked if my husband needed another glass of wine. Or if needed more bread. We never saw a manager. No one really came to our table to ask us how we were doing.
The food was okay. We ordered the seafood platter for an app. Which was pretty good. But we could had a better steaks somewhere else. My husband ordered the Kobe Ribeye. And I ordered the filet. Both were okay but not worth the money. Or steaks were cold. We felt ever rushed by our server. She gave us our check before she even asked if we needed anything else. Basically, we will never go to The Chop House again from this experience. If I am going to good money, I want GREAT food and GREAT service. But I didn't get any of that at this restaurant.

2  Thank RudyFamBam
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Unless you make reservations, you will probably end up in bar area where tables are small and seats are not comfortable. The bar area also got loud...we went on a Saturday night. Steak was not overly seasoned, but it was cooked well and tasted good. Service was what you would expect from most mainstream restaurants. Overall, for the money, I would have expected a nicer atmosphere and a little more flavor.

1  Thank NHWheelock
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Went here for anniversary. Service was attentive, atomosphere pleasant. We had a private booth which was cozy but we were unfortunately seated right across from the kitchen doors. Notwithstanding that, food was yummy. We went later in the evening (after 9pm) and they we're out of a couple things we wanted. Had filet & steak au poivre and both were outstanding. Wrote happy anniversary on our dessert plate & staff gave us an anniversary card when we left...nice touch! Very pricey so I would reserve this for special occasions. And cheap valet parking right outside!

Reviewed 26 September 2010

First rate steaks. Prime beef prepared extremely well. Side dishes are also first rate which speaks well of their attention to detail. Had the beef wellington, others had Kobe flank and filet. One had the lobster ravioli. All dishes were excellent. Service was attentive but not overwhelming. Decor is fine (average) but the place is very noisy. In fact, the noise level was a distraction to an otherwise very pleasant dining experience. Kid friendly but few kids were there. Expect to pay $50-75 per person not including drinks and tip.