“Very enjoyable dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Piccola Roma Restaurant is the perfect location in Historic Downtown Annapolis MD for great Italian dining. Located on Main Street, Piccola Roma is open for lunch and dinner with a great selection of menu items and a fantastic wine menu. Menu items include a wide assortment of appetizers, salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, risotto, entrees and desserts.
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This is the second time I have enjoyed dinner with friends at Piccola Roma. We were 6, and 4 were late due to weather delays. The staff could not have been more patient. After drinks and appetizers, three of us enjoyed the seafood risotto (a 25 minute wait) and it was wonderful. Staff were attentive but seamlessly so - it was a most enjoyable evening. We will return as soon as we can!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was my second visit to Piccola Roma. The first was average, nothing great, nothing offensive but it was lunch and we sat in the large front window a great location for people watching and being watched. So this time we were a party of 6 for a late dinner 830pm. The restuarant was not full. We were seated right away. The table was actually quite large and comfortable. Our party included a picky eater who felt the menu was not extensive enough but I thought the choices were varied if not a little veal heavy. It was a plesant meal for the most part with adequate service except that the wait staff kept dropping things, a large pepper mill on the wood floor, glass that broke, causing me to jump out of my skin each time. There were several loud crashes thru out the meal and then they dropped biscotti off a dessert plate while serving it to the wrong person who caught it and put it back and the plate was still served. I ordered the buffalo mozzarella which was mushy and tasteless and Osso Bucco a Thursday night special. The Osso Bucco was good but a very small portion expecially compared to the others served to the table and the rissotto it was served on was cold, not freezing but not hot. They also attempted to clear dinner plates while others in the party were still eating. This is a huge pet peeve for me and it occurred even after being told to leave them.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stopped in on our last night in Annapolis after a busy afternoon wedding. We were kind of over crabs cakes, so Italian sounded perfect. Veal Parm that was sauteed and not breaded and fried. Good red sauce, lots of options and an excellent wine list. The space is cozy and comfortable. Just what we needed on our last night.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Piccola Roma 3 times now--2 lunches, one dinner. The owner is a real "foodie," and it shows. Lunches include a prix fixe at $13.95--multiple choices for two courses, and a good price for value. Last night, though, we had dinner there for the first time. This is an elegant and comfortable Main Street location with really special food. We had flash-fired spinach (crisp, translucent, dressed with balsamic vinegar and Parmesan) and grilled dates for appetizers (peeled, stuffed with goat cheese, and wrapped with prosciutto). We then had a special I'd never heard of in the Italian context--cartoccio--a parchment-baked combination of white fish, mussels, scallops, and aromatics. The waiter (and they're excellent at their jobs) opens this at the table to release a mouth-watering aroma. It came with fresh, grilled asparagus. Portions are modest, but plenty for us; ingredients are impeccable. The food is pretty, inventive, and absolutely delicious. It's also creative, thanks to the owner's (and probably the chef's) education and travel. We had a table of 7 on a Tuesday, and it was a wonderful experience. The wines and liquors are expertly chosen (4 grappas!). We were extremely happy with glasses of house prosecco and pinot grigio, and strongly recommend the Barolo grappa. This may be a little expensive for every night, but my husband and I think it's terrific value for downtown Annapolis, for that matter anywhere. We'll be back and hope you'll try it, too.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was here with a small group of electric cooperative employees who were in Annapolis for a conference. I'm usually left to pick a place for us for dinner and this was certainly a winner. We had a group of nine and we were comfortably seated.

They had a good wine selection that went well with our appetizers (baked stuffed dates and buffalo caprese). I had the veal saltimbocca and so did my friend. To say it was divine is somehow not able to capture how truly delicious it was. We had to be there for almost 2.5 hours and NO reflection on the service. On the contrary, the service was impeccable and we were having such a great time, we totally lost track of the time.

By the time we got done, all the stores on Main Street had closed so shop first. This place is one of those few restaurants were you can truly make an impression with your spouse, girlfriend or date. Beware though, it will be hard to top this place!!

The free Annapolis bus stops across the street from the restaurant which makes getting to from your hotel real easy. We stayed at the Westin. Enjoy.