“Wonderful Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Piccola Roma Restaurant is the perfect location in Historic Downtown Annapolis MD for great Italian dining. Located on Main Street, Piccola Roma is open for lunch and dinner with a great selection of menu items and a fantastic wine menu. Menu items include a wide assortment of appetizers, salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, risotto, entrees and desserts.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stopped in on our last night in Annapolis after a busy afternoon wedding. We were kind of over crabs cakes, so Italian sounded perfect. Veal Parm that was sauteed and not breaded and fried. Good red sauce, lots of options and an excellent wine list. The space is cozy and comfortable. Just what we needed on our last night.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Piccola Roma 3 times now--2 lunches, one dinner. The owner is a real "foodie," and it shows. Lunches include a prix fixe at $13.95--multiple choices for two courses, and a good price for value. Last night, though, we had dinner there for the first time. This is an elegant and comfortable Main Street location with really special food. We had flash-fired spinach (crisp, translucent, dressed with balsamic vinegar and Parmesan) and grilled dates for appetizers (peeled, stuffed with goat cheese, and wrapped with prosciutto). We then had a special I'd never heard of in the Italian context--cartoccio--a parchment-baked combination of white fish, mussels, scallops, and aromatics. The waiter (and they're excellent at their jobs) opens this at the table to release a mouth-watering aroma. It came with fresh, grilled asparagus. Portions are modest, but plenty for us; ingredients are impeccable. The food is pretty, inventive, and absolutely delicious. It's also creative, thanks to the owner's (and probably the chef's) education and travel. We had a table of 7 on a Tuesday, and it was a wonderful experience. The wines and liquors are expertly chosen (4 grappas!). We were extremely happy with glasses of house prosecco and pinot grigio, and strongly recommend the Barolo grappa. This may be a little expensive for every night, but my husband and I think it's terrific value for downtown Annapolis, for that matter anywhere. We'll be back and hope you'll try it, too.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was here with a small group of electric cooperative employees who were in Annapolis for a conference. I'm usually left to pick a place for us for dinner and this was certainly a winner. We had a group of nine and we were comfortably seated.

They had a good wine selection that went well with our appetizers (baked stuffed dates and buffalo caprese). I had the veal saltimbocca and so did my friend. To say it was divine is somehow not able to capture how truly delicious it was. We had to be there for almost 2.5 hours and NO reflection on the service. On the contrary, the service was impeccable and we were having such a great time, we totally lost track of the time.

By the time we got done, all the stores on Main Street had closed so shop first. This place is one of those few restaurants were you can truly make an impression with your spouse, girlfriend or date. Beware though, it will be hard to top this place!!

The free Annapolis bus stops across the street from the restaurant which makes getting to from your hotel real easy. We stayed at the Westin. Enjoy.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great Italian place in the heart of downtown Annapolis. We went on a Sunday night closer to their closing time. We all ordered varying pasta dishes which all looked scrumptious. I had a penne and beef dish that was every bit as delicious as it looked. Our service was great throughout the main part of our meal but later on we were less frequently asked how we were doing or if we needed any refills on our drinks. The music was nice at first but seemed to not vary at all throughout our hour and a half in the restaurant. Great experience if you're looking for good Italian food in Annapolis!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

If you like fanciful pasta dishes, cream-based or tomato-based sauces, this place is for you!
Good pasta-based dishes, and there are just enough choices for an herbivore or carnivore to find something to his/her liking. :-) Seemed like they had Pavarotti playing on a broken record the evening we were there. Don't get me wrong; I love Italian music and Pavarotti is da man, but playing his powerful voice nonstop for over an hour was a bit much- sort of made the environment awkward and somber.
The waitstaff was sweet and courteous. We had a lovely blonde-haired woman serving us who was incredibly polite and professional.
I would return to this place esp because of the location!! It's right in historic downtown Annapolis!

1  Thank Kanicane