“Utterly Fantastic!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Piccola Roma Restaurant is the perfect location in Historic Downtown Annapolis MD for great Italian dining. Located on Main Street, Piccola Roma is open for lunch and dinner with a great selection of menu items and a fantastic wine menu. Menu items include a wide assortment of appetizers, salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, risotto, entrees and desserts.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was here with a small group of electric cooperative employees who were in Annapolis for a conference. I'm usually left to pick a place for us for dinner and this was certainly a winner. We had a group of nine and we were comfortably seated.

They had a good wine selection that went well with our appetizers (baked stuffed dates and buffalo caprese). I had the veal saltimbocca and so did my friend. To say it was divine is somehow not able to capture how truly delicious it was. We had to be there for almost 2.5 hours and NO reflection on the service. On the contrary, the service was impeccable and we were having such a great time, we totally lost track of the time.

By the time we got done, all the stores on Main Street had closed so shop first. This place is one of those few restaurants were you can truly make an impression with your spouse, girlfriend or date. Beware though, it will be hard to top this place!!

The free Annapolis bus stops across the street from the restaurant which makes getting to from your hotel real easy. We stayed at the Westin. Enjoy.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This is a great Italian place in the heart of downtown Annapolis. We went on a Sunday night closer to their closing time. We all ordered varying pasta dishes which all looked scrumptious. I had a penne and beef dish that was every bit as delicious as it looked. Our service was great throughout the main part of our meal but later on we were less frequently asked how we were doing or if we needed any refills on our drinks. The music was nice at first but seemed to not vary at all throughout our hour and a half in the restaurant. Great experience if you're looking for good Italian food in Annapolis!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

If you like fanciful pasta dishes, cream-based or tomato-based sauces, this place is for you!
Good pasta-based dishes, and there are just enough choices for an herbivore or carnivore to find something to his/her liking. :-) Seemed like they had Pavarotti playing on a broken record the evening we were there. Don't get me wrong; I love Italian music and Pavarotti is da man, but playing his powerful voice nonstop for over an hour was a bit much- sort of made the environment awkward and somber.
The waitstaff was sweet and courteous. We had a lovely blonde-haired woman serving us who was incredibly polite and professional.
I would return to this place esp because of the location!! It's right in historic downtown Annapolis!

1  Thank Kanicane
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It was just what I had hoped for. I had the Linguini with crab. It was so tasty. Not heavy. Perfect for lunch. We were at the boat show and dashed out between downpours for lunch. With a glass of Italian wine, this was a perfect change of scene for us.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was in Annapolis for business and came here for dinner with 6 other folks. We did not have a reservation, but were seated right away by a very nice young lady. They also agreed to give us separate checks, which was very accomodating. The service throughout the evening was very good. I started out with an order of grilled squid and while it was very good, there was not much of it. For my entree, I ordered the mushroom risotto and again, while it was very tasty, there was not much of it. None of the entrees came with a salad, and both one of my dinner companions and I walked out of the restaurant still a bit hungry. He had the cheese ravioli and while he said it tasted great, he was only served 5 small pieces of it - not enough to fill up a grown man. Some of the other folks at my table had similar experiences while others had entrees that had larger sized portions and filled them up. I don't like to walk away from a restaurant still hungry, so that is why I gave it the average rating. Not sure if I will return.