See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2017

We arrive to the B & B and are being shown our room with a "PRIVATE BATH" which is actually NOT in our room but down the hall.."Oh, it's private, no one else will use it except you two"...I said Whaaaaaat? "There are nice bathrobes in the closet if you need something to wear on the way to your bathroom"..Not AT ALL what I thought I was paying for( top end of cost for a small room with a "private bath"). We didn't have breakfast on either morning-our own choice-we had discussed having oatmeal and decaf coffee-none to be smelled or found and the owners are never there to make requests. There were other guests there for one night. We noticed that the house is for sale so it seems that the owners have had enough and don't make a lot of effort for their guests..The house does have an odd stale smell and is dated. We were asked VERY aggressively if WE had touched the house A/C controls during the night. Again, WHAAAAAT?? of course not...yes, parking is a major issue. upon arrival, the hostess parked her car in a spot that she saved for us. After that, the parking is almost nonexistent..we took and uber to dinner to save our space. Nice walk to town and the neighborhood is nice. BUT, won't return to The Gatehouse...Hope it sells soon and the new owners have fun with it as a B&B. P.S. The "bathrobes" in the closet were definitely NOT clean.

Room Tip: You must read ALL of the room descriptions to make sure that you have a bathroom in your room-"private bath" is NOT in the room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2015

What a great place! We stayed here 3 nights, I don't know which we enjoyed more... the sightseeing and touring beautiful Annapolis and the Academy or being with Nick and Jody. Wonderful, caring hosts, DELICIOUS breakfast, comfortable rooms. I was homesick after I left. I felt like we arrived as guests,and left as friends. The house is well appointed, great location, Nick and Jody were great about sharing tips and suggestions about Annapolis. I can't wait to return to Annapolis and the Gatehouse!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2015

The Hostess she is very nice but need to beware the man wolf in sheep's clothing. They give you a parking pass but there's no parking, your own your own. So why the parking pass. we were the only one's staying the first two nights and were out on the same floor as the guy coming in which didn't make sense the place was empty. Now we know why, football in town Labor Day, Not good. Private bath for you don't mind crossing the hall. We moved the third night because the owner guy was not only rude he was nasty. Woke us up screaming we had parked in his driveway, we would of had to park ten blocks away...B&B too far away and no parking... Beware

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Awesome Experience! My fiancé and I stayed at the Gatehouse on Valentine's Day and as this was our first experience staying at a Bed & Breakfast we had no idea what to expect. We were greeted by Nick who was absolutely hilarious and very informative of the local attractions. The decor of the room was warm and inviting and I must say the cleanliness was nothing less than exceptional. The house was quiet and peaceful and we felt as if we were at home. The next morning we met Jody and I must say, she's a fabulous cook. The breakfast was terrific and Nick and Jody kept us laughing. I highly recommend this Bed & Breakfast and we plan on returning in the spring/summer. Thanks Nick and Jody for your warm hospitality.

John and Tanya Hamilton

• Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I recently stayed at this Bed & Breakfast with a friend, while her husband and the boys were out fishing. We were very warmly greeted by Nick and Jodi who own this B&B! What an awesome family!! Sat with Nick for a few hours on the patio chatting. He and his wife were off on a cruise later that day, so we had the pleasure of meeting the rest of the family who took over from there. And they were just as wonderful as their parents!!! They served a delicious breakfast in the morning and were just a super group of people!! LOVE THEM! The rooms were very clean and charming and the location is walking distance to downtown Annapolis. I would most definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends