“Worse hotel ever!!!!!!”

Village Inn
Village Inn
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I recently booked a stay at the Village Inn through Booking.com for a wedding and was unable to attend due to a broken foot. After speaking with Booking.com, I was informed I had to pay for the room. This was not the issue!! After speaking with Booking.com to change the credit card I was going to be charged for my stay, Village Inn charged the wrong card anyway. After speaking with Nick the manager, I contacted Booking.com AGAIN, to have the same card faxed over for AGAIN. Booking.com confirmed that this was done both times.They still managed to charge the wrong card. I've never dealt with such incompetence over a simple matter.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank GregRich
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Location was convenient and price reasonable for the area. Room was clean, bed reasonably comfortable and check-in staff OK. However, the grounds are stark and the hotel itself a relic of another era. The building could best be described as "tired." They did not have our on-line reservation, although they did provide a room. The shower did not work properly. Even though the motel was only half full, a frightening looking fellow pounded on our door at 11:15 AM reminding us we had to check out. I would stay here again only as a last resort.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ninjaneer1
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I called and made a reservation several days before I arrived. The person I spoke to on the phone sounded Indian and acted like he couldn't get off the phone fast enough. When I inquired about the rate I was told the rate was $60.00 for a single and it would be more for a double. I told him I only needed a single and he took my name. When I arrived I was told that I had no reservation and that the rate would be $79.00. I explained to him that I had called and made a reservation (I am sure he is the same one I talked to on the phone!!!) and was told that the rate would be $60.00. He said he would have to call the manager and get back to me. After he made the call he came back and told me that the only reservation they had for was for someone else, not me. Mind you he showed me his reservation information, it was simply a name and date on an INDEX CARD!!! When it was all said and done they would not honor the $60.00, so I left!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank mplsings
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Ok to stay for one night. Very basic, shabby yet clean bathroom and sheets in this place.
Carpet remembered WWII I guess...

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank mikeangelo
Reviewed 31 October 2009

For the last 10 yrs I have been going to Annapolis for the Sail Boat show and we look for rooms when we get there, this time we checked about 5 hotels and all the prices were ranging from $175 to $325 per night and we wanted to stay for about 4 days. I decided that this year I will not pay the high price and find thrifty hotel to stay. So after going from hotel to hotel we stopped at the Village Inn and price given to us was perfect so we thought that there has to be a catch. The front desk clerk gave us a key to take a look at a room and we were shocked at the cleanness and the size of the room huge room and that with wifi. We saved a bundle. Trust me I have stayed at many hotels in Annapolis and this one I will make my permanent hotel when I go to Annapolis.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business