All reviews waffle bar bagels fresh fruit naval academy off street parking continental style waffle station main building perfect location three buildings within walking distance waffle iron small kitchen make your own waffles bed and breakfast anniversary weekend city dock
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The location was perfect, right next to a gate into the Naval Academy and within walking distance of restaurants and shops. The host was absolutely the most gracious we have ever met. The room was clean, although the only temperature control was in the hall and affected all the rooms. The mini-kitchen offered complimentary water, soda and snacks. A small negative was the thin walls - I heard my neighbor snore all night.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I got to Annapolis for the weekend for our second wedding anniversary. I booked Gibsons because of internet reviews, trip advisor, etc. Although a little on the higher price side I can not say enough how awesome the stay was. From staff, to rooms, to parking, to location! It all gets better and better. The whole B&B is comprised of three residential buildings. Obviously turn of the century built the owners have done an amazing job keep historical feel while adding modern accommodations. Our room on the second floor was cozy, very clean and perfect for a weekend for both of us. Each building has a sitting (balcony) area which my wife and I used one evening for an evening of crepe eating and wine drinking, while overlooking the naval academy and its buzz of activity. The location is beautifully set back one block out the the main square and is easily walking distance to Main Street, the port area, Maryland State House, etc. The Continental breakfast although basic was plentiful with a waffle station, bagels, biscuits, breads, cereals (about 4-5 choices), cinnamon rolls, fruit, coffee, juices, etc etc etc! All this while in the midst of a very cozy dining area in the main building.

Did I say the staff was awesome yet! Cause they were! And helpful with giving dining and drinking accommodations as well as tourist stuff for us to do.

My wife and I plan on attending again! And staying right here! Thank you for a lovely time! Mike- April 2017

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikeyp34
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place is. It was my first visit to Annapolis, and I could not have made a better choice for lodging! The staff are so wonderful and helpful! The roomscare in three different, beautiful historical homes. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. I loved the common areas, felt like I was at home. And the location is perfect for visiting downtown Annapolis, and is steps from the Navel Academy. And while so close to everything, it sits on a very nice quiet street. I have already recommended this place to many! Thanks for a great stay!
Melissa

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I chose Gibson's for their location. It was reasonable given their proximity to the city docks and within walking distance of anything I would need/want during my stay. The room was very nice, comfortable and spacious. Bed was very pleasant and I have no complaints on that. Two things I would do different or want changed. I was on the second floor and the first night I was awakened about 4AM by the people upstairs walking around. I'm guessing they needed to catch an early flight. Their foot steps and even voices were noisy. The other two nights were not a problem at all. If I were to stay here again I would request the top floor to alleviate this possibility. The other issue was that the windows have blinds but. O curtains. One of my windows looked out over a wall into the Naval academy. The security light was very bright and showed through the blinds. I would give them a 3 but rated them a 4 based mostly on the convenience of their location. I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I was toying with several B&Bs and chose this one for the parking! We stayed in a back building, which at first looked like a dorm, but was very comfortable inside. We had a huge room with a king bed, to comfy chairs to sit in, and a fake fireplace hanging on the wall. Very clean. Downstairs was a kitchen with snacks and drinks, dining room, big living area. Continental breakfast included waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc. We ate in the dining room of the historic front building. Location was right next to a gate to the naval academy, and everything was within walking distance. We didn't use our car at all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple