“Keep on going!!”

Travelodge Hotel Aberdeen
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 14 May 2012

OMG! I wished I had kept going! There was a loud fight in the hallway, and it sounded like it traveled from one end to the other. The next day there were broken beer bottles in the outside stairwell. And the worst part, when my kids got up the next morning, there were covered in red bumps, which the doctor told me they were bed bugs!!! The toilet wouldn't flush toilet tissue down, and the water pressure was so weak! I called to let the hotel know about the bed bugs and the night manager was uncooperative! I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank charles f

Reviewed 3 May 2012

I arrived to a gang fight outside my first floor room window - 2 persons beaten with a baseball bat and bottles. 2 hrs of swearing and running thru the halls by apparent residents of the hotel. Then the victims of the first fight came back and a second fight was beginning. This time the police were called and arrests made. The hotel is full of homeless people living there and languishing in the parking lot. Paper thin walls let you hear every cuss word - which never stop. Average age of residents in this hotel appears to be 20 - 30, and many are hanging out of open windows, openly drinking or drunk, etc. The guy at the front desk was completely unhelpful and it was guests that called the police. Many guests, including myself, checked out. The only good thing about this hotel is that they gave me my money back. Stay away.

Room Tip: No good rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews on here, I braced myself for an "experience." Luckilly it was a pleasant one! The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

I higly reccomend it.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The front desk accepted a coupon we had for a $40 special on a Sunday without problems. At first we weren't sure how safe the area + how run down the hotel was , because the hallways look shady and old. But the rooms were spacious and quiet and the bed extremely comfortable.
The room could have been cleaned better though and there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the air (in a non smoking room). However, we ended up liking our stay due to the good location (proximity to restaurants, supermarket, gas station) and the good night sleep we had.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Travelodge Aberdeen. We had a lovely, and very large, room.The hotel is centrally located and the price very affordable. All the staff is exceptional and extremely friendly.The room was great- spacious with wifi. Breakfast was good and the location could not have been better for APG. Very close to Aberdeen Proving Ground.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business