“You better be patient!”

The Center Street Cafe
Ranked #26 of 106 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 November 2017

My wife and I went at 11am, figuring we would beat the lunch crowd. One woman was working, and she has the perfect personality for her job, but being alone cut the quality of service. We waited about 15 minutes to get anything besides coffee; right after mine was poured I heard her tell another diner she was making a fresh pot. “This coffee is pretty old.” Yep, but good enough for me. My wife ordered Eggs Benedict and I ordered Irish Benedict. My wife’s was made with cubes ham and mine with corn beef hash; unusual but I have a curious palette. Have to say 2 things: the eggs were over cooked and the Hollandaise sauce was very good. When you factor in slow service, old coffee, over cooked eggs, and a $30 tab, not worth it.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stopped here a couple of years ago on the way to Rangeley. My husband remembered it and through TA, we found it again. Our server, who also owns the restaurant, greeted us in a very friendly way (even though she had her hands full with other customers) and we were seated and served coffee right away. We had a good breakfasts of an omelet for my husband and hash with poached egg for me. There was a great choice of homemade muffins (which came with our breakfast order). I had enough for breakfast, but we were sent on our way with a take-out box. This is a family run restaurant and we'd admit, a bit shabby. But, we look for places like this when we travel…stand alone restaurants instead of chains. We enjoyed it very much and will stop again on our next trip.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We met another couple here this morning looking for a mom and pop type place to have breakfast. I have driven past it many times and wanted to try something other then chain places like Denny's or IHOP. I will start by saying the waitress and staff were very friendly and did great job. The food was average at best and for what you got I thought was little on high side. Even the can of soda was $1.39! Ever seen a 12 pack of soda cost over $16? I haven't. I don't mind a place making a profit that's why your in business but that is high. Food was served cold, home fries were small and plain, sausage patties and toast was $10. I'd pay $10 for a god meal any day, this just wasn't it. You can go up the road towards Turner on Route 4 about 3 miles and get a great meal at a new restaurant.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Had classic eggs Benedict with bacon, Benny was great don't miss the bacon, it's extra good. Be prepared to wait

Reviewed 4 February 2017

A better than average breakfast menu. Enjoyed the red flannel hash and the poached eggs were done perfectly. Home made bread is definitely a plus for their very good wheat toast. Service was good. The only mediocre flavor was the coffee.