“Spacious suites. Great Marriott property.”

Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
New Jersey
“Spacious suites. Great Marriott property.”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My husband and I had to stay last-minute overnight in the Auburn area. We always like Marriott properties as a first choice. I booked a studio room online when we got to the property, I asked for a top floor room. The manager upgraded our room to an incredibly spacious one bedroom suite to accommodate my request. The suite was bigger than some apartments I have seen. The room was very clean and well kept. Breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank pattilca
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Northern Maine
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stay at the Residence Inn or Hilton Garden Inn when staying in the Auburn/Lewiston area. These are the only properties in the area that give a consistantly good customer experience. I have Marriott reward gold status and have been consistantly upgraded to 1 and 2 bedroom suites. Even if you don't have status, ask politely for an upgrade and you never know what might happen. It's also a good idea to register for Marriott rewards before staying at the property. You might as well earn points or airline miles since it doesn't cost anything extra to join.
Focusing on the Residence Inn, its a fairly new property with very comfortable rooms. The staff is super friendly. The rooms are spacious and extremely comfortable. You get the usual RI amenities including free wifi. My only issue is the breakfast. Yes it's free but the eggs and potato offerings could be a lot better. The property is across the road from a lot of dining and shopping possibilities. One of my favorite places to eat won't register on Zagats registry, but Heidis Deli is a fun place to eat located nest to the property and features Nathans Hotdogs, assorted homemade breads used to make fresh sandwiches, salads and assorted hard to find soft drinks and beers.
Good property and a very accomodating staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Spudpicker
home
Reviewed 29 November 2011

When I arrived, I was met with a smile and an accommodating desk clerk. Loved the openness and warmth of the lobby. Would have plunked down there but wanted to get to my room.
The room was great. It was so nice and felt like I could kick back like being home. Everything was clean and welcoming.
Breakfast the next morning was varied and goood. So nice not to have to go out.
This hotel is bright, clean and has a staff that greets you with a smile when you pass by them. All helpful.
Won't think twice about staying again.

Room Tip: I like staying half way down a hall...feels secure.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Maine
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This is a nearly-new Residence Inn about 15 minutes from any highway exit. However, Bates College, the Auburn mall, and lots of stores and restaurants are nearby. Like all Residence Inns, this one has a kitchenette in every room, with grocery delivery available.
I'm sorry to say that this Residence Inn is the worst I've ever stayed at. The first room I got was dirty, and the heat stopped working. The next room I moved into was even dirtier but at least it was warm. Both rooms had some dirty silverware and dishes in the kitchen, the coffeemakers weren't clean, and the carpeting, furniture and bed had food crumbs, hair, and stains on them. The baths were acceptably clean. But why is nobody checking the housekeepers' work? Surely somebody should be!
Breakfast is another low point. The Inn doesn't hire sufficient kitchen help. While the breakfast people are busy in the kitchen, the buffet food and drinks run out and are not replenished frequently enough. The hot foods weren't heated through. Hotel guests keep wandering around looking for the items they want, and get annoyed waiting. The first morning at least a half dozen people were waiting for coffee for 15 minutes. The second morning wasn't any better, and on top of that, the roof was leaking and guests had to dodge buckets placed on the floor to catch dripping water. The front desk staff with few exceptions seems to be untrained or otherwise not skilled in working with hotel guests (not particularly friendly or helpful). Although I love Residence Inns, I think I'll try the Ramada in Lewiston the next time I'm in the area. If it only beats the Inn in cleanliness I'll be better pleased.

Room Tip: Upper floor away from an exit. The supposedly "secure" entry doors at the end of the hallw...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank MaineWeekender
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The Residence Inn in Auburn, Maine exceded our expectations. We had a beautiful "apartment" for two. The kitchen had granite counters, slate floors and stainless appliances. We had two TVs, one in the living room and the other in the bedroom. I could definitely stay there a while. The front desk staff were very friendly. They also offered a large free breakfast. The french toast could have been hotter. The Residence is in walking distance to a number of chain restaurants. I love Residence Hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rokoren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
2.4 km away
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Oxford
1.3 km away
Center Street Value Inn

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK