“Great place for fresh seafood. ”
Review of Mac's Seafood

Mac's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Recently stopped in here and bought fresh scallops and shrimp for appetizers. Both were amazing. Highly recommend their homemade cocktail sauce.

1  Thank Scelica91

Reviewed 15 February 2018

If you are looking to buy seafood to cook yourself, order takeout or eat in, Mac's is your place. Just ate there for Valentines day and had the most wonderful scallops. Mine baked stuffed, my wife's fried. Very generous portions, comes with fries and cole slaw but for a small fee you can sub onion rings or sweet potato fries. There is no appreciable atmosphere, it is a Fish shack, but the food is to die for and cooked to order. Just try it and you will be a fan for life. Do it early though as they close at 7 PM but they are open for lunch.

1  Thank jonathan h
Reviewed 3 February 2018

While in Auburn, ME, for an overnight, I decided to check out Mac's Seafood for dinner. I had found Mac's on TripAdvisor and decided to check it out. The place was packed. While I was waiting in line to place my order, I started talking to others in line (all locals) and every single one of them recommended the Lobster Roll, which is what I planned to get before the locals recommended it. Once my dinner order was complete, I picked it up and ate at one of the picnic tables outside. Great meal, decent price, and overall, a good experience. I'll be back if my travels ever take me to that area again.

1  Thank LovesToTravel716
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We came after the lunch rush. Were seated quickly, then waited and waited. Finally got our order taken, pretty simple, couple of burgers. Overheard waitress mocking us to another staff person. We ordered simply and completely - nothing hard.
Food was delivered by someone else, waitress had not checked back with us. Toppings on one burger was wrong and our side did not come out with the burgers. Got that fixed.
Burgers were underdone, if you can't get a burger right, I would never trust you with a steak!!!! The bottom buns were soggy. Fries were okay, not great and the onion rings was a stuck together clump.
Waitress came by while our mouths were full to see how everything was.
Soft drinks were never refilled.
Finished what we wanted and again sat and waited for our check.
We won't be back

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Ok, I started with the clam choda and it was a little thinner then I was expecting but nice and hot, loaded with clams and the taste was great. I then went on to have the lobster salad roll and it was excellent. It was soo good I had to order another lobster roll, this time it was "clear" with some drawn butter drizzled over the top and I must say it was perfect! I ended my meal with a locally sourced whoopee pie and I am glad I did because it was perfect. I can not wait to go back. Just go early because they close at 6pm.

They also have a small but very fresh display of seafood that id for retail sales. I wish I had a cooler with me because the prices were great and the seafood was extremely fresh.

1  Thank Ron T

Been to Mac's Seafood? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK