Quality Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 92
US$ 137
US$ 113
US$ 86
Priceline
All reviewsbed was comfortablewaffleswould stay here againhot breakfastnice staycerealgymhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2006

We were looking for an inn with a 2 room suite. I called the property in advance & was told that their "suites" had 2 rooms. I specifically asked if there was a door that closed that divided the 2 rooms; I was told yes. We arrived, checked in and immediately went to this so called "suite". It was nothing more than a large room with 2 beds, a sofa and a microwave and mini-refrig. It didn't even have a partial divider like some of the hotels who advertise mini-suites (Like Comfort Inn). I called the front desk and expressed my surprise, thinking we'd been given the wrong room. The front desk supervisor, Joshua, informed me that our room was a "suite". I asked what made it a suite and he said, "the room is larger than the other rooms." I said I wasn't sure we would accept this and we might be checking out. He immediately responded(almost rudely) that if we checked out that we would be charged for 1 night stay any way (So much for the 100% guarantee policy that Quality Inn advertises...they even have a promotional card in the room saying 100% Satisfaction guaranteed or else the room is free! I didn't expect anything free but I did expect courtesy which I didn't get!) We stayed the night. The towels were ragged and thread bare. There were only 2 small styrofoam cups which immediately crumbled upon taking the plastic wrap from them. I WAS given more cups when I went to the lobby.
The bathroom was tiny; the door to the bathroom only cleared the toilet by about 1 inch! I arrived at the continental breakfast at 9 a.m. (scheduled to close at 9:30). There was no orange juice, only 1 bagel left and 2 danish left. It was not replenished while I was there. I don't expect elaborate continental breakfasts at hotels like this, but I would have thought there would be something more than what was available!
Upon check out, Joshua (HIM again) tried to charge me the rate of $104 ($119 w/tax). My reservation was for $86.39 & what I had signed for upon check-in was $86.39. I pointed out the error. He argued with me and told me I had to pay the $104 since I had a suite. I refused and reminded him that I had signed for the $86.39 the day before. He finally changed it and charged me the correct rate, but clearly was unhappy about doing so.
On the plus side, the AC worked beautifully and the beds were acceptable, although nothing special. The marquee outside the Quality Inn advertises they have "Suites." Don't believe it! We've stayed in numerous hotels with suites and mini-suites. Quality Inn in Alexandria does not come close. The only bright spot at this property was the delightful front desk clerk who checked us in. She is a Katrina survivor and had only been working at the hotel for a few months. She was friendly, happy and very competent. Too bad she has to work in a place that has so many problems and such a rude front desk supervisor.
We checked out after the 1st night and got a 2 room suite at the Best Western.(rate was $93.00)
If you want a suite in a hotel in Alexandria, go the Best Western; it's practically next door... one of their buildings has suites with 2 rooms, 2 tv's, a full size refrigerator, 3 sinks, a large bathroom, etc. Sofa needs replacing,and pillows could be better but it's definitely 100% better than the Quality Inn where quality is a big joke.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank Zell
GSA-LA021, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thank You for your comments.
There are different types of suites and ours happens to be Jacuzzi Suites. And since You mentioned that the checking in clerk was new I am assuming that she like You assumed 2 room suites. We do have two rooms with a door connecting between and you would have to rent two rooms. It seems that you came just as the breakfast was Shutting down.