Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alexandria
US$ 110
US$ 106
US$ 83
Priceline
All reviewsgood sizeshort stayclean roomsgreat customer servicebed was comfortablestaff was friendlylornapillowsupgradestoiletriesmaintenanceinterstate
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I'm a Marriott customer by and large, but HI has really cleaned up nice over the last few years. So I use the chain as my fallback property when my primary chain isn't available.

Lots of parking, pool too.

Nice clean rooms.

Free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tech-trekker
Reviewed 23 March 2011

After a visit to Rosedown Plantation (great) north of Baton Rouge we chose Alexandria as a one night stop on our turn north from our southern tour. I saw a billboard for this HIE took the exit and frontage road and located without a problem. Priority Club check in was a breeze. The room met our expectations clean, spacious etc. The only restaurant options without getting back on the freeway (not convenient) were three on the frontage road. On a Sunday night only one was open and was mediocre at best. At breakfast we encountered for the first time in all of the hotels we have stayed a make your own pancakes machine. Of course we had to try it and the results were actually pretty good. Other than that the breakfast options were standard HIE. The room rate at this hotel was the highest of the nine that we stayed at on this trip. About 25% above what we normally see at HIE. Next stop Hot Springs AR.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We had a recent death in our family and we made last min reservations at the HEI Alexandra La. on our way to Fl. Because I have stayed at this hotel in the recent past for several days, I decided to book the Holiday Inn Express again. We booked a non-smoking two bed room for Jan 26 late arrival. When we checked in we were told all they had was a smoking king room. I wish they would have disclosed this when I made the reservation. My wife is allergic to smoke and she has suffered for three days after departing. Holiday Inn Express is one of the most expensive motels in Alexandra La. and should be more up front with its guest when reservations are made if they can not provide what is requested. I travel a lot on business to Ft. Polk and stay in Alexandra and the last 2 trips at the HIE. In Aug I paid $98.00 + tax and now I paid $139 + tax. I made an attempt to contact Mgt to express my frustration and was told the she was busy and could not take my call… Great customer relations skills.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lddiehl
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We were looking for a hotel in Alexandria and book one room for two nights at Holiday Inn but later found a better rate at Best Western. I called to cancel...was told all was well and didn't think about it again until we received a charge for the two nights. It took three weeks for the manager to even call us back and then we were told they could do nothing about it. I have no idea about their rooms but they service is ridiculous. Best Western was nice!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandbe
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Due to my last trip to Alexandria Louisana I am now not sure if I will ever book another stay at Holiday Inn Express. In the past I had always had great confidence in the service and comfort of this hotel. This past weekend I had a horrible experience. I could not get in my room until 30 minutes after check-in. When I finally got into the room lighting in the rest room did not work; bedding on the sofa sleeper was still there from the previous guest; there were not enough towels in the room; and the elevator broke while we were there (we had to walk up 3 flights of stairs). Due to the late check-in, my family and I was late to the family wedding, that we came to town for. Service was not good at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family