“Excellent Food- Super Service”
Review of SHUCKS!

SHUCKS!
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Abbeville
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: SHUCKS! The Louisiana Seafood House! Founded in 1995 SHUCKS! embodies the essence of authentic Cajun Cuisine. In addition, SHUCKS! reveals the beauty of Cajun culture. Each guest is treated like family and the primary focus of the staff is to provide each guest with exactly what they want and more.
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Excellent Cajun-Seafood menu!! The Shrimp and grits were outstanding! The largest raw oysters!! The waitress was really friendly and helpful for the 8 people at our table. I wish i would found this place earlier in the week.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We visited with a large group of friends to introduce them to cajun cuisine. Everyone sampled something different on the menu and enjoyed the food. The raw oysters here are incredible - large, succulent and tasty! A dozen will be more than enough to satisfy your appetizer craving. Otherwise the gator bites or seafood gumbo are both excellent too. Much of the entree menu offers fried food as platters or smaller plates such as po-boy sandwiches. This is a very popular spot so come early to avoid the crowds even on a weekday night.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

There are only a few places to eat in Abbeville, and this was one of our choices while traveling the south for the first time. The food all tasted the same, lots of deep fried too We tried the raw oysters, and having come from the Pacific Northwest, we did not care for these huge, somewhat bland bivalves. The owner and waitress were pleasant and talkative: the rest of the staff were rude and seemed to go out of their way to not to speak to us. Check out a couple other places in town. Be aware: no transportation and a lot of places closed up by 8:00 or earlier.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

On April 18, 2018 I decided to treat one of my favorite cousins to a birthday dinner of her choice. When asked what restaurant in Abbeville she would like to go to she picked Shuck's. Along with my cousin I also invited my only sister and my cousin's only sister for the meal.

We arrived at 5:30 and were shown to a table.after a brief wait at the bar---just long enough to order a Blackberry Margarita, a Michelob Ultra, and two frozen margaritas. Once seated we proceded to order Seafood Gumbo and 3 lbs of boiled crayfish for appetizers. The gumbo was very good--with lots of shrimp, crab and oysters but the perfectly seasoned crayfish were the best we had in a long time. Not very hard to peel and so flavorful!

Our entrees were modest: an regular oyster loaf, two half shrimp and half oyster loafs, and an order of Sassy Shrimp--a house specialty! The secret ingredient in this dish is Steen's Cane Syrup made here in Abbeville!!

My cousin was so grateful for me picking up the bill she sent me a special thank you the next day! I told the owner on the way out how much we enjoyed our meal and he said he would look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I have been here several times and it is always good.

The oysters are always the best, whether you get them fried, baked, on the shell, etc. If you love oysters, you will LOVE this place! If you like variety, try the seafood platter. It gives a good sampling of everything and is sure to please.

Save room for dessert! The bread pudding is almost a separate meal unto itself, but it is SO good!