“Fabulous fresh ceviche”
Review of Puntarenas

Puntarenas
Ranked #32 of 1,240 Restaurants in Panama City
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Had an excellent ceviche of generous serving size plus a delicious quinoa flan (Creme caramel) for dessert. Excellent service too in a quiet atmosphere. Good value for money (US$11 for the ceviche, $6 for the flan). Would have loved to have gone back but not here long enough.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Definitely a must if you are into seafood. I love the way they prepare and serve the food. Great options with great service. Octopus was the best. Shrimps are awesome here.
Good location so its easy to get in and out.
Worth to check it out

1  Thank mikesmithtener
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We started off by ordering 2 different octopus appetizers as we love octopus and it is very hard to find at restaurants back home in Florida.

One was whole tentacles grilled and served over Peruvian "Causa"; seasoned mashed potato terrine with hard boiled egg, avocado, olives and an aioli sauce.....absolutely delicious. The other was very thinly sliced tentacles in a wonderful olive oil based sauce served with sliced avocado and served with crackers. Fantastic!

99% of the dinner entrees are some type of fish or seafood combinations that include fish. My husband loves fish and this is his birthday week which is why I chose this place. Other than that, they have one shrimp dish, one beef stir fry and one chicken; all things that I can get at home and didn't sound exciting to have on vacation.

Considering how delicious the appetizers were, I ended up ordering the 2 dishes again as my dinner entree. Of course, they were as good as the first. My husband had one of their whole red snapper dishes which he said was outstanding.

Their version of serving bread / rolls before dinner is serving Plantain Chips with a fantastic dipping sauce. We had to ask for more. It was sooooo good.

Service was very attentive.

Definitely recommend.

Prices reasonable. For all that we had above plus a $30 bottle of wine.....$117 including tip.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This was close to my hotel and I love Peruvian food so I popped in for dinner. I only wanted ceviche and it was excellent. One of the best I’ve had outside of Lima. Good portion size and very reasonable price.

1  Thank maryjane573
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a secret delicious Peruvian restaurant, in here you can taste the magic of local recipes, and feel you are in the real Perú.
At the beginning you will be surprised for the huancaina sauce with banana, then ask for the tacu tacu dish and enjoy the evening.