“Last supper in Panama”

Alma Llanera Soul Kitchen
Ranked #171 of 1,240 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed 1 April 2016

Excellent Resturant would love to go again however long way from England
Food and presentation was absolutely fabulous
The service was first class and very friendly hostess

Leonardo G, Propietario at Alma Llanera Soul Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Hello Gerry,
It would be great to have you again in Alma Llanera SoulKitchen.
Thank you so much for your comment!
See you soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Delightful intimate evening. The executive chef, a tiny Venezualan woman who has been a chef for 42 years, was just the final element in an evening filled with welcoming charming employees. We had called her out after raving over her cheesecake, nothing like our American tastes had prepared us for. The secret ingredient was gouda, she shared. My black leon beef in some sort of banana-based topping and my partner's corbina cooked in banana leaves were both subtle and interesting. The small touches, a plantain based sweetness on my plate and something unknown served pre-appetizer, both danced on the tongue. In all, we paid $53 for two with one alcoholic beverage.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Best latino place a couple of hundred miles around...delicious food with surprising dishes...It has become a most stop in Panama

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

Fantastic...I've never experience Venezuelan food this way. The avocado risotto was incredible and service was friendly.

1  Thank joeasalasg
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

We read on TripAdvisor that reservations were a must here. So we called from the states and felt lucky that we secured a table for two. Boy, did we feel foolish to get here and see we were the only people eating in the entire restaurant!
The vibe was just way off. Eight people working and only two guests. The staff was just very unfriendly and unenthused. We didn't feel welcomed from the minute we stepped inside. Most of the time the staff was visiting with each other. The wait time between courses was long and we always had to flag down our server.
The restaurant is sleek and nice looking, but it felt very casual.
The best thing I ordered were the rainbow corn cakes. They were tasty and unique.
My entree was a banana ravioli. I ordered as it was unusual and I wanted to try it. They were unusual. Not bad, but way too sweet for an entree. I didn't much care for the ravioli skins either. We had dessert, I got the chocolate plate which I hoped would be a nice sampling of local chocolate. It was just a plate of messy chocolate - it all tasted the same and was just too much sweet.
The whole meal just felt off. Poor service, long waits, unhappy staff and just okay food. I probably won't be coming back here.