This place needs to be shutdown.
- the pool: it's small, dirty and poorly constructed. the contractors must have been really lazy w/ mosaics uneven and cracked. the area around the pool was an eyesore with only a few long pool chairs on their dirty tiled ground. flimsy railing to surround the whole area.
- the service: nonexistent. first time i called the front desk i asked for towels since they left us with only one that was till wet and left from the previous occupant. the voice on the other end of the phone sounded agitated and annoyed and blurted something in spanish and hung up without any apologies for their negligence or when i should expect these new clean towels. the second time i called i had to call for the tv remote that was not in the room. i am not sure why it wasn't in the room to begin with but the person on the phone was curt and rude and after saying "one moment" she hung up the phone. then the bell boy barged in with five different remotes to figure out which one it was then left. again minimal conversation and no sense of hospitality.
- the room: the space is tight but manageable. the floors did not look clean at all. the hangers are wire hangers. the wall around the attached AC unit was water damaged. the bathroom had mold and had poor ventilation. the pillows were filled with cheap and lumpy cotton stuffing.
- BED BUGS: i left that place with over 150 bed bug bites. it was disgusting and it looked like i had been eaten alive. you knew they were bed bugs from the way they had bitten multiple times in one spot and later inflamed with a white top and itched like crazy. of course i was furious that next morning and packed all our stuff to check out. when i mentioned it to the front desk one guy gave us a blank stare and asked "you guys are checked out right?" as if it wasn't his problem anymore and this other lady comes around to come up with reasons why it must've been our fault and that it could've been mosquito's or bugs from food... lady - it was bed bugs. from the looks of this place there is no doubt that it would be infested with bed bugs and from the looks of the shape and size and quantity of bites, i'm sure they weren't merely fruit flies of some sort. the whole time i explained to them the predicament, they gave blank stares and tried to blame us and make up excuses. this place is a dump and lacks cleanliness and professionalism, not to mention the walls are thin and you could hear people down the hall in another room.
the only good thing about this place is that there was one petite, young waitress that worked the breakfast shift that worked hard and did her best to accommodate us.
DO NOT EVER STAY HERE.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel el Parador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Parador Hotel
- Hotel El Parador Panama/Panama City