1,706 results
All reviews the executive lounge society cafe blue bar master suite avenida balboa beautiful hotel ocean view cinta costera pool bar taxi service an upgrade business trip rooms are large fitness center casco viejo old city breakfast buffet is
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Everything is excellent except the ice machine is not working. The machine looks new but was turn off purposely.The Saquella restaurant is very nice. Food and service were excellent. I hd several workout sessions in the well equipped and very clean gym. Overall it was a very nice experience except for calling room service one night at 1:am for ice and nobody answered, hung up after awhile. Wish machine was working so do not have to bother the staff that late.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank en87979
LigiaP279, Front Office Manager at Hilton Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am pleased to hear you found our hotel excellent.

Your comments will be used to improve our guest's experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Good Hotel, especially for meetings.
Big rooms, some with balcony.
Air condition in public spaces kills you, could be much cleaner.
No slippers in room, no toiletries refill, as I said some room for improvement

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
LigiaP279, Front Office Manager at Hilton Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Towosi:

Thank you for sharing you experience at TripAdvisor.

Your satisfaction is very important to us, your comments will be used to improve our guest's experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2018

My stay at this Hilton was amazing. The views from my room of the bay were amazing! Service was excellent and everyone was friendly. This hotel is very clean and neat. The bed was so comfortable! Room service was prompt and delicious. If I had any issues with anything I was assisted right away with one phone call. There are several amenities and food options in the hotel. I was there on business for this trip but I will be on vacation when I return!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank alyonajourney
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I had the pleasure of traveling to Panama City for a business trip, and stayed at the Hilton Panama. There are numerous hotels in the immediate vicinity, and I’m sure most of them are fine. However, I’m very glad I chose to stay at the Hilton, and couldn’t have been more pleased with my stay, the room, the amenities, and the professional service I received during my stay! I’d return without hesitation.

I traveled Sept 17th-21st. I’m fortunate, in that Copa Airlines has a non-stop that leaves New Orleans early Monday morning, and returns to New Orleans late Friday night. This makes it very easy to travel to Panama City for the week. About 3.5 hours total flying time each way. No complaints at all, and it sure beats needing to layover in Atlanta, Miami, Dallas or Houston!

While not part of a review of the Hilton, I was very impressed with the airport in Panama City (PTY). Customs and Immigration was very efficient, and there were a lot of shopping and dining opportunities at the airport.

Check-in at the hotel was very prompt and efficient. I arrived at Noon, and my room was ready! I reserved an Executive room, primarily because I wanted a view of the Ocean, since it was my first time visiting Panama City. The room was huge and consisted of a long hallway with a closet, large living area with a very comfortable bed, chair/ottoman, a large work area, and a very well equipped bathroom. The best feature was the wall of windows looking out across the street towards the view of the water. I left the drapes open the entire week! The bathroom had a single sink with a lot of counter space, a separate vanity/make up table and mirror that would have been ideal had my wife been joining me, a huge shower with rain-style shower head mounted on the ceiling and a hand held shower wand and a commode tucked away behind a half wall. The AC worked very well, water pressure was great as was the temperature, and the lighting was “adequate” but could have been a bit brighter. I suspect they use low-watt bulbs for energy conservation. There was a large television mounted on the wall, but with the view, I never even turned it on!

The hotel has 5 restaurants, as well as a “coffee bar/kiosk”. I ate at 3 of the restaurants as well as the coffee bar, and quality/value/and service were all great! I had dinner one night at Ruth’s Chris, and it was actually better food and service than I’ve had at locations in the States…including their hallmark restaurant in New Orleans.

The hotel also has what appear to be a great workout room, as well as a very nice pool deck. I didn’t utilize either of these facilities, but they seemed very nice.

In addition to the great views offered by an Executive level room, the main benefit is the use of the Executive Lounge. This place alone is worth the price of the upgrade. Breakfast and evening snacks are offered as well as a variety of drinks. It was very convenient to be able to have breakfast here each morning on my way to the office. Also, I was able to stay here for several hours and work after check-out before I headed to the airport. A great perk, and the area was never crowded and was always staffed by true professionals.

My office was located about three blocks from the hotel, less than a 10 minute walk. There are two very nice hotels immediately across the street from my office, but, I’m glad I chose the Hilton. As you walk into the city, it becomes very congested and chaotic, not unlike the Times Square area of Manhattan. But the Hilton, only a few blocks away, right on the water, seems removed from this chaos. It’s actually a very peaceful location, even though it’s right on Balboa Avenue! Every evening, I was able to cross over Balboa, and spend an hour walking along Cinta Costera. It was a great way to see the city and relax at the same time.

There’s a casino attached to the hotel, but it’s also “separate”, so while it’s convenient if you want it, it’s also easy to forget it’s there. I walked through a few times, but I’m not a gambler. It seemed very quiet every time I was there. While it looked like they tried hard, if you are used to Vegas casinos, it’s not quite those standards.

In summary, the Hilton is a great choice if traveling for business or personal reasons to Panama City. In my opinion, it’s on par with any 4 or 5 star hotel in any major urban area (NYC, LA, Chicago, etc).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TimandTeresa
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

5 stars for the Hilton!!

Efficient check in staff.

Rooms very nicely designed, with light switches where you need them to be; large bathrooms; one of the easiest TV systems to navigate; good soundproofing; and a comfy bed!!

Ask for a high floor on checkin.

We have the coffee shop beside the pool a better option for breakfast, although service was slow on the weekends when the boss wasn’t around.

We also recommend dinner at Niba restaurant.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple