All reviews hour restaurant reasonable hotel albrook mall hot water in the shower huge bathroom
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I stay at the Hotel Costa Inn because it is reasonably priced and has everything I need: a twenty-four hour restaurant and bar when I arrive on a late evening flight, good internet service, hot water in the shower. The air conditioning is effective, though a bit loud. The swimming pool is nice enough for lounging, not big enough to swim more than a few strokes. The included breakfast is basic and filling. The free shuttle to Albrook Mall is helpful if you don't want to figure out the subway system, although the nearest subway station is only two blocks from the hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara E
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Wife and I stayed for a long weekend at Costa Inn. If you plan to stay here, I would say lower your expectations:

- Hair in food (breakfast and dinner)
- Hair in "clean" bed sheets
- Soiled pillow cases
- Exposed wiring @ head of bed
- Shower head missing
- Condom wrapper in swimming pool

We checked in and went to our room. Within 5 minutes we requested a room change as ours was dirty, smelled like smoke, and the door bathroom knob was falling off. The new room, while free of smoke smell, had exposed wires that were by our heads, only one outlet in the room worked (behind the TV mounted to the wall), hair on the sheets / comforter, and dirty towels in it.

The breakfast buffet was unpalatable - we had hair in nearly every type of food we chose. I guess hair loss is is a real thing in Panama. Coffee was, well, crappy hotel coffee.

I was SUPER stoked on the roof top pool, until I found a condom wrapper in it. Lost my thirst to get in the pool. Maybe it's why the pool had a murky appearance?

By in large, it seemed like the staff didn't have the time of day for us (aside from the gal who checked us in), or any of the other patrons. When they were helping us, they were short and unapologetic.

Oh, and even though we couldn't find it required anywhere, you need a reservation for the return shuttle to the airport. Or plan on spending $20 on an Uber.

But, $2.25 Balboas at the bar - I guess there is one thing about the place that was redeeming!

Room Tip: Chose a room at a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taylor N
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We stay at the Costa Inn every year in January and sometimes in May on our way in and out of the country to our sailboat.
They offer a free shuttle from the airport (generally a $25-30 taxi ride) and he return has a nominal fee. The rooms are simple, but clean. The hotel has a 24 hour restaurant for those late night arrivals and offers a free breakfast.
It's a wonderful bargain for a quick stay.
The location is not as convenient for walking, shops and restaurants as some of the other districts.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Firstly, ignore any review above two stars - they've got to be fake or staying in some secret wing of the hotel which I never saw.

This is a dated, dirty basic 1 1/2 star hotel, albeit at a reasonable price of $40 per night if you book online.

The rooms are small, dated, smelly and dingy. Uncomfortable beds, with wafer thin sheets covering ancient mattresses. Terrible ceiling lighting and wall lights not working so it feels like a dungeon.

Breakfast is reasonable with good pancakes.

The rooftop pool is dated and during the rainy season was dirty.

The location is poor, a run down neighbourhood, not near anything and even as two 35 year old guys we didn't feel safe.

Avoid unless on a backpackers budget.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 26 May 2017

good
near to the shops
quiet
good breakfast
pickup at airport on time
drop off at airport on time for a small fee
daily transport free to mall
huge bathroom