“Best meat in town”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I am normally a bit sceptic about dining in a hotel restaurant. My group of nine people (6 different nationalities) stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and we heard that Tauro is a good restaurant, so we made a booking. This was a bit cumbersome, but finally got the confirmation by email. When we checked in we re-confirmed the booking. Once we arrived at the restaurant we were escorted to a nice quiet table, ideal for our group. A waiter with a Gin and Tonic trolley arrived - but we already had our drinks in one of the bars of the hotel. We all ordered various appetizers. Mine was the blue cheese wedge salad. It was great, except that only normal salad leaves were used, not wedges. Then I went for the meat, for which this restaurant is known for. I picked the New York Strip, rare and it was simply perfect. Not very often that this happens to me, usually the meat is overcooked. Not this time, very tasty and tender. Nice wines to go with it. My group was very happy with the dinner, the atmosphere and the service. Not cheap - but very worthwhile.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Great steakhouse overlooking the lights of Panama City. The wine list was quite extensive also. I would recommend an evening here.

Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

Great steaks! Great service! A group of us ate Family style, I'd suggest it so you can try all of the deliciousness. Only knock on the place is I'm a scallop snob and the scallops left me underwhelmed but it's a great steakhouse!

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

What a lovely place.

Really nice atmosphere and decor contributing to a fab evening.

We found the menu offered a varied choice of dishes - we decided on the fillet medallion with mac cheese and truffle fries.

The steak was cooked to perfection with a very nice Chilean vino blanco.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

We went to this steakhouse and were disappointed. The service was slow, the food and steaks were average, but very expensive. Nothing like a good steakhouse should be. I would pass on the Hard Rock in general!