See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Hotel is clean. Staff cant speak english, but will try and help anyway possible. very close to the metro. Food in the restaurant was very good, except for the continental breakfast!
Internet is OK. For the money, a good place to stay.

One odd thing did happen, got woken up at 6 am from a maintenance guy, asking if my tv was ok.....Odd!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2017

The reception made me feel that I did not make the right choice but, when we got to the room I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities included.
Had air conditioning on remote control, clean sheets and towels, hot water, large wardrobe with mirror door, TV, desk and a chair. Wifi was not working for us but we got an underground parking for our car.
The location of the hotel is kind of in the middle so you can get very easily everywhere using the nearby metro.
The hotel has a restaurant but, close by there is a McDonald and a Pio Pio fast food, corner store and pharmacy.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank oana112
Reviewed 11 September 2016

... but considering the price, what you get can be OK. Can be because it very much depends on the room you´re given. The first room was a dank and damp windowless cell and a weak light bulb. The A/C was as dated as the furniture in the room and cleanliness in general isn´t exactly a strong point of the Hotel San Remo. After insisting I was transferred to a much nicer room - ask for the ones with window to Calle 31!

The bed was comfortable and my new room spacious and with lots of light. The rooms come with cable TV and private bathroom. Don´t expect the rooms to be spotlessly clean. I found loads of dark hair on the floor and in the bathrooms. However, the hotel was not filthy, just not too clean either. If you´re not too picky, you should be alright.

Some of the staff were pleasant, especially those present in the evening, while some were (at best) not overly motivated. The area the hotel is in is OK during the day, but I wouldn´t wander off to far after dark. The Old Town is a mere 30-minute walk away. Or use UBER, which worked just fine for me.

I really don´t understand the reviews and the ratings the San Remo gets on several websites. It´s at best mediocre and was definitely the least pleasant place during my five weeks in Latin America (and not the cheapest either!). I would not go back to the Hotel San Remo if I could help it. I heard from some people that there are much nicer hotels in the Albrook area with only slightly higher rates. If you just stay for one or two nights, you should be alright though.

PS: Wi-fi was slow, erratic and there was no signal in most of the rooms, which is why there´s always people sitting on the steps and in the corridors.

Room tip: Go somewhere else - or at least get one of the rooms facing Calle 31
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I was very impressed by the low cost of this hotel and it exceeded my expectations. The room is simple and clean. TV. Wifi. Air conditioner. Good shower. The neighbourhood is local, not the touristy place but walkable to la Cinta Costera which will lead you to Casco Viejo or Multicentro. Close to metro and buses. The value for money is excellent. I would recommend this hotel for its cost and cleanliness. The bed was comfortable. Good comforter and pillows.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Not too far from the metro Loteria and clean room. Quiet at night but it was a Monday night. Easy access to town with the metro nearby and a few eating places around although I didn't choose to eat there because we ventured out in the town.

Room tip: Not bad place to stay and very cost friendly.
Date of stay: July 2016