“Good place To Go with Friends”

Grapes Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #71 of 1,079 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 32
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is situated in one of the rooms of a fully restored private mansion dating back to 1657 and is one of the very first structures built in the old fortified Spanish city. The original walls and arches are skillfully blended into a cosy dining and bar area. We have now expanded further into the old house and now offer private dining
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Grapes is a restaurant in the heart of Casco Viejo. They have a nice selection of meat and fish dishes. I just went there with a group of women, and we really appreciated their willingness to let us share plates. I shared large steak with a friend as well as the side order and it was more than enough for the two of us. They have a nice wine list and a variety of wines by the glass.
The menu offers an explanation of the history of the area and the historic walls add to the ambiance. The yucca fries are a great way to start off your meal.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Overrated, overpriced, tasteless. Italian dishes but no parmesan cheese. Mushrooms raviolis without mushrooms.
Pesto sauce taste like glue. Owner or manager wouldn't come to our table despite our complaint. I call the type of food pritty plate. Not enough on the plate. It was my worse birthday experience ever.
I should have donated the 100.00 to better cause.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Attractive Building in the old town of Casco Viejo. Have eaten here before and had an outstanding dinner with excellent service. This time it was not quite the same experience. They ran out of langoustines at 7pm so only one of our group could have them. The mixed cerviche was the best I have had. Lamb and langoustines highly recommended. One of the mains did not show up so had to wait for it to be cooked. Service was not great which is a real shame as the food was very good. If they sort out service this would be outstanding venue

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Entrance was good. We unfortunately did not get what we ordered for main plate. I had to eat my plate alone, waiting for my wife to eat hers afterwards once they corrected the error. No apology....this place is overrated for what we have seen

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I couldn't wait to go to Grapes. After all, it was highly rated, people loved it.

I liked the ambience,the decor, the food. Although when I ordered Pasta with Langostinos on a Saturday night they didn't have any! I did order it with Salmon and it was delicious.

The service was less than stellar - not once it got there but we had to flag the server down for anything - water, candle lit, to order dinner or additional wine. The hostess had a bad uppity attitude.

We had a "group-on" type coupon and forgot it at the hotel. Most places have a list of the coupons but they didn't and I couldn't get on the internet as my phone died so my husband had to go back to the hotel to get it.

The most annoying experience was there was a large party with screaming children with parents that did nothing to stop them. As anyone knows who have children you don't take them to a restaurant that is not for children unless they have been taught how to be in an expensive restaurant. They should have gotten a babysitter.

Fortunately, food came and they quieted down.

If not for the food it would have been a 1 star rating.