1,169 results
All reviews older hotel city skyline casco viejo cinta costera omelet station pool area panama bay buffet breakfast rooms are comfortable spanish casino taxis
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Let's just say we stayed for one night and switched hotels first thing the next morning. By far the WORST front desk staff I have ever met. When we walked into the hotel to check in, there was one person in front of us checking in. I approached another staff member at the front desk who was counting money politely asking for the WIFI password to contact my family and he said to me "don't you see I'm busy?" What a warm welcome. The next morning I encountered the same attitude from the staff. I'll refrain from writing any staff names, but I am truly disgusted and shocked at their behavior -- it was as if they were doing me a favor for letting me, a paying customer, stay at their hotel. Honestly, the reviews highly overrate this hotel. The hallways on the floors are dark and gloomy and the rooms are rundown. To make matters worse, there was LOUD construction by the hotel, which woke everyone up at 7:00 am. In short, there are plenty of beautiful hotels with views to stay in. Would avoid this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank michelle222344
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We went for two days of r and r and instead got woken up every morning at 7 am by loud hammering and jig saws right over our head. The staff in this hotel doesn’t seem to know about customer service and the front desk is the worst. The restaurant completely ignores you too although they are all standing around doing nothing. And if you are lucky enough to get a menu, hope you are not hungry or thirsty because the wait is on. No one smiles, no one engages, they just don’t care. Never seen anything like it in all our travels. I would never go back until I knew for sure the renovations were complete (desperately needed) and the staff had all taken hospitality 101 courses. Too many other places downtown that value your business.

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank bingaling1000
Reviewed 7 January 2018

My husband had left is backpack in the back seat of the taxi from the airport. We told the staff and they made some calls including to the tourist police and a few hours later we walked into the hotel after going out for lunch and they brought us into the back room and the taxi driver tourist police and backpack was there. We were so happy as all of our photos from our galapogas trip were on the camera and a cell phone in there as well. We did not get the name of the taxi driver but that was so nice of him to bring it back as is a ways from the airport.
There is no way where we live that any police would be invoked or take the time to look into this even if it was stolen.
Thanks to Jose, Houssein, Manuel and Juan for helping us out.

David at the front desk got us a wonderful room with a view amazing view.
Nice pool area and located near the path on the water you can walk or bike. Gym was good but really hot inside.

We took a city tour with Mr Chan not sure of his first name he was great $35 each for 4 hours. There is a tour desk in the hotel but was not staffed the day we took our tour so Jose at the front desk helped us find an English speaking guide, which may be a challenge.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Room tip: City and water view higher floor the best
1  Thank Kimberly Ann J
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I checked-in to the Plaza Paitilla Inn after having a less than optimal experience at a hotel in Casco Viejo. The staff at Plaza Paitilla were very helpful and the breakfast buffet was really exceptional! My room was on the fourteenth floor and it was very comfortable and quiet. This hotel is a great starting point for daytime exploration. There is easy access to metrobus and taxis are everywhere. Also, this hotel is located by the beginning of the Cinta Costera - a pedestrian path that follows Panama Bay all the way to Casco Viejo - a really nice place to walk. All and all, a great value for the money!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 0325johanna
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

It would appear that the desk staff aren't interested in assisting guests. We booked with a request for an upper floor with a City view. On check-in they gave us an ocean view saying they didn't confirm our request so we asked to be moved when possible. We checked everyday as they did not call back as promised. Still waiting to hear and it's obvious that people have checked out of rooms like we requested. They really don't care but let's see what happens today as I've checked again and received another promise of a call back. Other staff have been very obliging and the food is good with an excellent breakfast buffet.