“Small authentic real cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Origenes - Spanish Fusion - CLOSED

Origenes - Spanish Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Mexico
“Small authentic real cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

When everyone else was closed, they were open on a holiday. Quaint and quiet but flavorful sandwiches and salads. Light and delicious for the discerning budget.

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Geneva, Illinois
“Nice modern restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We had a late dinner here, so we sampled multiple appetizers, but did not order a main course.
The menu was on the pricy side for entrees, mainly $25 to $30+.
We had the anti pasta cold cuts, which I thought was delicious. Three teenagers thought otherwise, but this was their loss. The chickpea salad was outstanding, as was the cheese plate. In addition, we had a chicken stew, exceptional, and he fried cheese appetizer, very good.
I would try this place again for dinner when I return to Panama City.

Visited December 2011
Melbourne, Florida
“A place not to miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Found this restaurant w/ TripAdvisor as a place located at walking distance from the Riu Hotel where we stayed. It was a gem. The best meal we had while spending 3 weeks this year in Panama. My wife started with the mushroom soup; mostly mushrooms and subtle seasoning. I split a tuna and salmon tartare which was absolutely delicious. We then had a Zarzuela de Marisco, a blend of seafood in a delicate sauce reminding me of (Armorican sauce we serve in Europe) served with rice. We drank a nice Chilian Chardonnay ($19) with the meal. The expresso at the end was a 10. We had a fantastic dinner, good portions, fine sauces for a relatively reasonable price. We will definitely return.

• Visited December 2011
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“If you don't like this place, try Wendy's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

The food here is incredible. Everything on the menu jumps out at you with vibrant flavors and fresh spices and herbs. Listen for their specials and go with them, especially the crab. This place has an inexpensive, but good wine list to go with the fantastic food. If you go to PC, put this place on your list. Service is good,but sometimes disappears - and that isn't always bad. When they notice that you are involved in serious business discussion, they let you be. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank philly099
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Excelent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

These is a must to visit if you want to taste original Spanish food. The service is impecable and the food remind me my best days when I was living in Spain. The Gazpacho is so full of taste and it goes perfect with the warm panamanian weather.

Also try the Pulpo a la Gallega. It is irresistible.

I go every time I visit Panama. Just love it.

• Visited July 2011