“Modern Oasis in a busy Neighborhood”
Review of The Panams

The Panams
Ranked #67 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
“Modern Oasis in a busy Neighborhood”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Panams

Pros:
-tastefully decorated and appointed new modern hotel with great attention to detail
-great service and welcome from Jean-Claude
-suite features in room jacuzzi tub plus spacious suite and bathroom
-comfortable memory foam mattress with nice linens
-lovely continental breakfast with small outdoor patio
-complimentary wifi, snacks, beverages such as iced tea, espresso, water

Con:
-if you are a very light sleeper, some suites face busy street. The night we stayed, every time a large truck would pass starting around 7am, someone's car alarm would go off. Certainly not the hotel's fault but be aware you are in hear busy city.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Marissat1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Monterrey
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This little boutique hotel is very different from the mainstream options in Panama City. Small and located in a old neighbourhood of the city, it offers great service and a very friendly staff.
The rooms are big and comfortable, with a big bath tub to relax, but also a practical shower.

Plus: free service of iced tea, wine and coffee all day long, with cookies.

The staff programmed a pick up at the airport and Katherine was very friendly.

I only have one regret: I stayed too little to have time enough to enjoy both the city and the hotel.

Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandrine M
Midlands
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Other reviewers have said it all, and I thoroughly agree with their comments on this lovely hotel. Very stylish, clean, huge rooms and en suites, lovely breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff etc. You don't go for the view (we had a room at the back overlooking the building work) but everything else is wonderful and we were not bothered by any noise. It's a short walk down to the Cinta Costera which is great for a stroll. Taxis are very cheap so this is a good location for whatever you want to do in PC. We didn't have any trouble with the taxi from the Airport finding the hotel, but I had printed off a map to show him and my husband speaks good spanish. If you need any supplies the Supermarket Riba Smith is a short walk away and is a really excellent supermarket. I highly recommend this hotel and would not stay anywhere else if I return to PC.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may have traffic noise. Rooms at the back overlook a building site but it was no...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acpjnr
Toronto
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed at The Panams Hotel Boutique for two nights. I knew right from walking in the front doors that it was my kind of place. The design of the lobby is fantastic, with a great eye for detail and a very cool vibe. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome right away. My room was amazing - very spacious, very clean and offering all of the amenities (flat screen tv, safe, ac). The bathroom alone was worth the price. Finding a spa bathroom in Central America at a midrange hotel is a treat. The rain shower head, L'Occitaine products and plush towels were a luxurious treat after a day of walking and sight seeing. There was also a big jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room. The beds were delightful (best sleep that I had in Panama), and the sheets and pillows high quality. The safe was also big enough for money and documents as well as a laptop or iPad, which gave me added peace of mind. Breakfasts were included and were what you would expect - fresh juice, coffee/tea, toast, jams and eggs. It was convenient and filling. The location was also great. Set on a busy street, you do hear some traffic noise, but I think that's pretty common in Panama City. I was able to walk about 10 minutes to the main street and cross one of the bridges that took me to the Cinta Costera, which was perfect to take a nice, long coastal walk to either the "concrete jungle" (malls, condos, Trump Building) or to Casco Viejo. If you are taking cabs (especially at night), ask the front desk staff to write down the directions for you in Spanish. Some cab drivers aren't familiar with the location yet.
The only thing that was somewhat challenging was WiFi quality. I couldn't really get good signal in my room, so if I wanted to connect, I had to go downstairs to the lobby. It was a minor inconvenience, and it gave me the chance to enjoy the design and vibe of the lobby.
I really felt like The Panams was this special treasure that I stumbled upon in a city with lots of big, expensive hotels. At The Panams, you get high-end hotel quality at a midrange price, in a beautifully-appointed environment with a funky vibe. It's definitely worth the stay!

Room Tip: I stayed in one of the standard rooms, which was very large. It would be great for someone travellin...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank axylady
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We planned on 3 nights but were so happy with our experience here we added an additional 2 nights to our stay. This is a small hotel with great rooms, they are large and done with great style. The bathroom is also large and very well done. Can't say enough about the staff, they were wonderful, always taking the time to go over maps they gave us on the local attractions. Breakfast was included in the room price and the selection of food was really plentiful and everything tasted great. No doubt that on our next stay in the city we will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple