Amador Ocean View is out on Isla Perico, away from the city, but with views of the skyline across the bay. It's located in the midst of several restaurants and shops in a strip mall like setting, so if you don't want to go far for a meal, there are several choices nearby. Our room was nicely set up and decorated, though showing some signs of wear. One oddity was the bathroom setup - one light switch lit both the sink area and the toilet/shower located behind a door - and there was no door to the sink area. However, no big deal.
The front desk help was pleasant, but not able to assist with questions about transportation. Our friends had told us an unmarked minivan cruises the road out front, and can carry people into the city for $1.00, but the front desk people seemed not to know about this. Cabs are fairly inexpensive, but unless you know how to negotiate with them, you may get charged more than you should.
Check in and out was easy; there is a computer right by the front desk and can be used by hotel guests. Even though Amador is located in the strip mall, and there is a seemingly endless stream of cars and motorcycles going by, our room was not affected by any of the noise. A nearby attraction is the Smithsonian Nature Center, where you can see fish, starfish, anemones, stingrays and a moray eel up close. There is also a boat to Taboga Island close to the Nature Center, which makes for a nice day trip.
If you stay at Amador Ocean View, be sure to go to Mambo's Cuban Cafe located nearby - the food and service was great, and the band provides fine entertainment, particularly if you like to dance salsa, cumbia and merengue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique location and the only hotel in Amador Causeway, you can view the entrance to the Panama Canal and to the City. Next to a Marina and to many tourist attractions, restaurants, duty-free shops, shopping centers. The rooms of the hotel are all ocean view and they allow the visitor the peaceful surroundings and views, but still very near the city, easy access to main natural attractions by the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HostelWorld so you can book your Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amador Ocean View Hotel And Suites
- Amador Ocean View Hotel Panama City
- Amador Ocean View Hotel & Suites Panama/Panama City