All reviews top floor metro station cinta costera swimming pool air condition panama
Reviewed 8 January 2015

My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to an early morning flight out of Albrook. When we checked in, we asked the front desk clerk whether if we would be able to hail or call a taxi from the hotel that early, or if we would need to make an arrangement the night before. She assured us that we could call one from the front desk. Well, lo and behold the next morning arrives and a different front desk clerk is working who refuses to help us make the call and has no concern whatsoever with whether we will be able to find a taxi to make our flight. We give her a card we have from a previous taxi driver, but she claims that he didn't answer then walks away. We end up wandering through the streets of Panama City at 5AM in a questionable neighborhood looking for a taxi.

On top of the terrible service, the rooms are dark and dilapidated. I have stayed in countless hostels and guesthouses that are more charming and welcoming.

Overall terrible experience.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank ChrisCfromSB23
Reviewed 12 November 2014

The Bahia Suites Hotel is located in a slightly shabby area of Panama City. However, with an underground station just across the street, it is located pretty well. Allbrook shopping mall is a two stops ride and very cheap. The Costa Cintera, a nice walking way at the waterfront, takes less than five minutes walking and at the end you will find the exciting fish market, with great food stalls, music and lots of people. The old city is located very close to the fish market and can be reached walking in 20 minutes.
The rooms of the Bahia Hotel are clean and the size is okay. The water pressure in the shower is really high; you will get a massage every time you use the shower. The rooms are clean, the matrasses are very comfortable, wifi worked good at my room on the 6th floor and the air conditioning is very quiet. The pool is smaller in real life than it appears to be on the internet pictures. But with its location on top of the hotel and a beautiful view of both the high rise buildings nearby as well as the strangely pink lit highway near the old town it is certainly worth spending some time there.
The restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices. Once they get to know you, the waitresses are very warm and friendly and make you feel at home.

Room tip: Rooms on the 6th floor with even room numbers will probably have ocean view.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2014

I like this hotel. They have modernised rooms. Views of the ocean are wonderful. It was clean except for the woman's hair in my king bed. Breakfast used to be buffet, now it's menu. There were a lot of cleaning supplies and other bits of pieces on the sixth floor. If the price is low enough, I will be back.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, and was very pleased. Though the wifi did not work very well except in the lobby, for me, this was not a big deal. The rooms are not huge, but my room was clean, and well-attended. The bathroom was a little cozy, but the TV and air conditioning worked perfectly. The rooftop pool was a perfect refuge for a refreshing dip, and the adjoining restaurant provided a great sandwich as well as nice cold beer. I found dinners and breakfasts to be very good, and reasonably priced, though the prices on beer and wine did seem a little high. The views from the rooftop pool area are very nice....a great view of the sea and the Cinta Costera. They have a small gym, though I did not use it. The staff were friendly enough. When booking at this hotel, remember that it is very reasonably priced for a big-city hotel......and there may be some glitches....but....don't expect miracles and posh posh comfort at a budget price. Overall, I was very pleased and will return again.

Room tip: I suggest rooms on the 5th or 6th floors might be a little quieter.
Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank MariposaSuitesPanama
Reviewed 8 October 2014

nice quiet rooms, clean, grage for the car, beautyful view from restaurant in the top, pool on t he top. Taxis are reasonable but need to negociate price before hirering. not to far to casco viejo (old town) and the restaurant area.

Room tip: rooms are spacy, try to get a room on the south side sea side view (which does not exist as there are in the far skyscrapers which avoid to see the sea
Date of stay: October 2014