“Fantastic surprise ”
Review of Tio Navaja

Tio Navaja
Ranked #64 of 1,240 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Description: We have a full menu that serves Panamanian food with local ingredients. Serving coffee from Boquete estates. Most of our menu is made from scratch. We have a Bar upstairs thats stays open til late
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was so surprised surprised.

Walked in just for a cappuccino and ended up trying the day menu.

Was great. One of the best marinated chicken I’ve had. The rice was perfect and tasty with flavors I could not define. And he sweet plantains. Just perfect. Soft and sweet yet very light

Oh and yes. The cap was fantastic too.

Service was outstanding

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We had lunch here today while walking around Casco Viejo- and what a gem / find it was. Our daughter had the best dish- a coconut crusted white fish with green curry, plantains, and unique gnocci... our son raved about teh burger; ceviche was perfect for my husband and I, a vegetarian, had a fatoush salad with falafel and an exquisitely smoked smear of babaganouj. Need I say more? A perfect spot.

1  Thank evilexis
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Both my husband and my dishes were partially overcooked. 1 of 3 very small filets were overcooked and not edible. Otherwise the dish was excellent.

Owners are enthusiastic and hamburgers where great but they are still getting the kinks out. We addressed with management and they were apologetic but nothing much more than that. A slice of cheesecake among 4 of us was no consolation.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had breakfast at Tio Navaja and it was excellent. The fruit plate came with granola and yogurt; it was a nice blend of tart and sweet. The avocado toast had a bit too much lime, but the texture of the food was great. The French toast was perhaps the best I ever had. It came with caramelized pineapple chunks and just melted in your mouth.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I usually like to take photos of my food and sadly did not this time! What can I say? The food was absolutely amazing for the price! Some recommendations:

- They are known for their pork and rice but we only ordered the rice as a side, and wow, absolutely one of the best rice dishes I have ever had! Not sure what the seasoning... bit and pieces of the rice were crispy with fresh scallions....
- My mom had the chicken Caesar salad (yes, it's not Panamanian, but very good). Chicken was cooked perfectly!
- We also had the octopus with yucca and by far, the best yucca during our 10 day journey.
- My very picky eater father enjoyed the fried chicken.
- They make very good cocktails and had nice white wine.
- Service was also very good.

I cannot say one bad thing about this place!