“Great service, likes families”
Review of Siete Mares

Siete Mares
Ranked #33 of 1,078 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2017

On our last night in Panama City we wanted a good restaurant and ended with Siete Mares. The first impression was "oh dear we are underdressed" but they didn't bat an eye and seated us quickly.
The starter was the best tuna carpaccio ever tasted and worth returning just for this dish.
The lobster was sent back as it was tough but no marks taken away as the service for a replacement dish was exceptional. There were a lot of children running around but I guess this is cultural

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Just tried out this seafood restaurant. The service is very cordial and good. The place feels cosy. The meal started off not so well, with a Ceviche that seemed to be less fresh than desirable. However, the main dishes were just perfect. We highly recommend both the Parrillada de Mariscos (grilled octopus, squid, shrimps, lobster and fish, in quite big portions) and the risotto Siete Mares (an awesome risotto sided by two big pieces of lobster and two fat shrimps). A-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

About six weeks ago I reviewed this restaurant and rated it a two circle experience. I was disappointed with both the food and service. To be fair and ensure that I didn't just get it on a bad day, after returning from a trip to Boquete, I went again. The second time was a completely different experience. So much so that I went a third time as a "tiebreaker ".
I am glad that I went a second and third time.
Both times times the service was excellent. The difference between night and day. Prompt and attentive, it was as it should be in a finer restaurant.
In addition, the food was exceptional. The cream of crab soup was great! The corvina that I got was very well prepared.
Great service and food made the two trips worthwhile.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I tried Siete Mares early evening on a Saturday. The food was at best a three but with the price and service added it became a two. Three good things were the atmosphere, garlic toast, and the cream of crab soup. However, the lobster and shrimp in sherry sauce were tough and bland, with not a hint of sherry. The mashed potatoes were good. The pecan pie was tasteless.
The service was less than adequate. The coke I ordered was brought quickly but I never got any water. The servers seemed to be more attentive to wine drinkers. I am diabetic and as a result don't drink alcohol.
At over $50 this dinner was a huge disappointment.

1  Thank Tcook8
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Despite to be located in a non touristic area in Panamá, this place has in the flavors all the warm Caribbean combination.

I ordered meet lobster with shrimp into a sherry sauce, I only have to say that I love de sauce, delicate and softens.

Beers and wines well married with the food options.