“Nice Restaurant, Skip the Tuna”

Santa Rita Casco Viejo
Ranked #4 of 1,250 Restaurants in Panama City
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Just a few nights ago, my husband and I and another couple had dinner here. The ambiance and service is great however, both my husband and I ordered seared tuna for our entree and we both thought it tasted "fishy" and not very "fresh." It was served with soy sauce which made it edible. We did not tell our server about this, and we were able to eat it, so my recommendation would be to skip the tuna if you go. The rest of the food was very good and all-in-all, we had a nice time. It's a good idea to have reservations in advance, dress up (no shorts or flip flops) and as a mother of two small children, I would not recommend this restaurant for families with small children. This restaurant does have Gluten Free as well as sautéed vegetables for Vegans. Another good thing is that this restaurant is located at the entrance of Casco Viejo and so it's easy to get in and out of re traffic/transportation. Do be sure to dress-up because Casco Viejo is dressy for sure!

1  Thank briannameighan

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Santa Rita is located on the edge of Casco Viejo in Panama City. It is located about 15 miles east of the Tocumen International Airport and is about 4 miles from the center of Panama City. The restaurant is literally on the road to enter the Casco Viejo and I could see this interesting neighborhood from my restaurant window table. Parking was easy as the parking valet took the keys and parked the car (I did not see where the parking lot was).

I dined here on a Thursday evening with a few co-workers in late May and really enjoyed the great food and friendly employees. The woman who owns the restaurant met us at the door and gave us all a hug. She was very friendly and the regulars seem to really like her. Our server was also very friendly and efficient and I thought he did a good job. I had the Octopus appetizer first and then ordered the grilled chicken with mashed potatoes. I thought everything tasted great but the chicken could have used some type of sauce (it was just a plain piece of grilled chicken by itself on a plate). Before they gave us the check we were given a free shot of some type of sugar based alcoholic drink. It was really good and the price was right (free).

Overall I enjoyed dining at Santa Rita and recommend it. I especially enjoyed the friendly atmosphere at this restaurant.

GeralMarcos, Propietario at Santa Rita Casco Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you very much for visiting Santa Rita, it has been a placer for us having you here. We hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

As a solo traveler, there's nothing worse than being turned away at an empty restaurant because you are a party of one. Thank you Santa Rita for giving me a warm welcome, a fantastic smile, and a prompt seat at the bar (which I asked for). The food is also splendid :)

1  Thank Drew B
GeralMarcos, Propietario at Santa Rita Casco Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

You're very welcome Mr. Drew B. The pleasure was ours for having you in our restaurant.
We are so happy reading such a great review. Thank you for visiting us.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Santa Rita is my new favorite place in Casco Viejo. The atmosphere is friendly and warm yet still sophisticated.

James our waiter gave excellent service, and Nino the Chef came over to our table to explain the dishes and make recommendations. They were all outstanding. Try the croquettes, picana, eggplant and roulade chicken....all outstanding!

Dessert was great too....Enjoy!

1  Thank Daydream357474

It has been a pleasure for us having you at our Restaurant, thank you very much for your kind words. Every time you come to Panama we'll be here to prepare delicious food for you.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

The best dinner I had in Panama City all week. Everything was delicious, the service was great, and the atmosphere perfect. Highly recommended!!!

1  Thank shalev c
GeralMarcos, Propietario at Santa Rita Casco Viejo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. It has been a pleasure for us having you at our Restaurant, we will be happy to welcome you in Santa Rita every time you come to Panamá.