“Disappointing”

La Posadita de Bolonia
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Managua
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

We had a reservation and got in very late. They were nice enough to take us in so late and that was very appreciated. When we got into our room the first thing we noticed was floorboards loose and hanging off exposing wall and wires underneath. Went to go take a shower and there was no hot water. After being told they don't have hot water and some back & forth we somehow got hot water. Well when we woke up and turned on the shower it was ice cold again. I was told I could go to another room and take a shower since they just switched to solar heating for the water. The owner explained this to me. I didn't want to go to another room but also didn't want to take a cold shower. The owner walked off looking for a room I could use and guess what? She never came back! Real professional. So I had to take a cold shower. After hearing about the change to solar for the water we were told hot water wasn't available in all rooms so we were moved to another room. Nice gesture but very inconvenient.
The staff was friendly and tried to make up for our horrible first night/morning. The included breakfast was good and it was nice that they had options to choose from.
Hotel is cute and has potential. The unprofessional behavior of the owner though really bothered me. When I return to Managua I will not stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Delightful time. Helpful staff. Bilingual owner. Excellent breakfast. Meeting area! It was a joy to be in Nicaragua with such wonderful warm people. A guard on duty also made us feel safe. Our group continues to stay at this hotel which speaks volumes to our satisfaction

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2016

In searching for accomidation in Managua i had no idea where to start. I saw some previous good reviews so i decided to book La Posadita. I am so happy that i did. My friend and I recieved such excellent service starting just with an email! I got a ride from the airport with Camilo, who is just excellent, super informative about Nicaragua, has studied some in the US, which made communication so easy.
Our room was clean and just what we needed, two beds with a/c and a nice breakfast the next morning. The area is nice and quiet and near President Ortega's house, so the area feels very secure. There are a few restaurants nearby that are recommended, especially the steak house, if you are into meat.
Thanks for a lovely stay La Posadita, thanks Camilo for exceptional service. We really appreciated the friendliness in a new city.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank wanderingmaybelost
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We stayed at the Posadita on the first night of our arrival to Nicaragua. The hotel is clean, in a nice location and includes an excellent breakfast. The owners of the hotel went out of their way to help us out with information about the city and the country. We returned again the final day of our one month trip to Nicaragua to meet with the owner, Camilo for an afternoon tour of the political history of Nicaragua. He is so informative and explained the history in an interesting way, driving us to different sites around the city. I can't recommend this tour enough. We learned a lot and it was nice to spend an afternoon seeing Managua, otherwise we might not have taken the opportunity to see this city. Thank you, Camilo, for your patience, education and great sense of humour!

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank Tegan79
Reviewed 5 February 2016

We were here just one night prior to our flight back to the US. The manager, Camilo, could not have been more helpful. Since he attended college in the US, he speaks perfect English and he gave us a great recommendation for what he called "Managua's best steakhouse". And since he was in the neighborhood, he even stopped by the restaurant and ended up driving us home! Well, I've never seen that kind of service on ANY trip I've taken! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OregonJohn
Posadita1997, Gerente at La Posadita de Bolonia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

It was a pleasure to have you with us at La Posadita de Bolonia. This will always be your house in Managua. There are still many more places that we would love to help you discover, so do not hesitate in letting us know when your next visit will be, we would love to have you back.