See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 October 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights total at La Posadita: the night we flew into Nicaragua and the night before we left. It can be tough to decide where will be stress free, safe, and nice to stay in Managua before heading out to explore the country, and I can promise that this hotel is all the above. On top of it all, they surprised us with a flower petal decorated room for our honeymoon- so sweet!
I have to give incredible credit to Camillo who's family owns the hotel, for his outstanding service and hospitality he tirelessly bestows on all the guests. He personally drove us to restaurants, grocery stores, car rentals, and the airport. He introduced us to locals and set us up with friends throughout the country. He is extremely professional, yet he manages to build a true friendship at the same time. Truly a remarkable person and he makes your stay a small piece of home.
The hotel is cozy and clean, and breakfast was great. Any help you need with anything will be gladly provided, and there is no one better to go to for advice or knowledge all things Nicaragua.
My wife and I both highly recommend this hotel for your stop in Managua, and be sure to send Camillo our regards!
Joey & Kelsey

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TwoGuysAdventures
Reviewed 5 June 2014

(Family-owned) This cozy and welcoming B&B is your best choice when traveling to Nicaragua. They have airport pickup/dropoff (fee), A/C & hot water, deliscious homemade breakfast and, best of all FREE WIFI. In addition, if you don't wanna go out for dinner, ask the attending about their dinner options. Personnel is extremely friendly, accomodating and trustworthy. Sandra, the owner, is at the hotel almost everyday in the mornings so say HI :) The area is safe 24/7. They also collaborate with great tour companies so you will get the best tours of Nicarauga

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yuri V
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here because it was close to Vision Mundial through which I was visiting my sponsored child. The location was close to whatever you needed. Very safe area & very quiet with no traffic. The rooms were very clean with A/C & hot showers. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with fresh fruit, coffee, tea, beans & rice, toast & eggs to order. And as I remember cereal.

Room Tip: I was in a room next to the garden where breakfast was served but I don't think there is abad room location.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tomcat7036
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Staying here is like being at home!!! This is a family-own B&B, which means you'll be treated like family ;) This is one of the most affordable place in Managua. In addition, its location may be one of the safest in Managua because the hotel is literally 3 blocks from the Presidents main residence... security 24/7, 365 days :)
Staff (Fransisca & Hilda) is extremely helpful & friendly; always going above and beyond to satisfy your needs. Sandra (owner) is always available, in case you have additional needs... She's very reliable and professional, with many years of hotel management experience.
I stayed here with a friend (his first time in Nicaragua) and he absolutely loved it and will come back again... He fell in love with the cook and her Huevos Rancheros :) Breakfast is delicious and made fresh. There are a couple of eateries walking distance from the hotel... very affordable and authentic Nicaraguan cooking.
... and to be fair about the stolen money or valuables, i don't leave anything that may get stolen there or HERE in the USA... just be responsible! if you need to keep something safe, give it to the receptionist for safekeeping til you return. AND please always consider tipping the housekeepers!!!

Room Tip: rooms are spacious and have everything you need rooms further from Patio are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yuri V
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We like to stay where the locals stay when we travel, so this hotel suited us just fine. It is small, quite private, yet is only a few blocks from a major bus station (Tica Bus). The garden cafe was where they served our (free) breakfast, cooked to order - pancakes, "gallo pinto" (Nicaragua version of riceandbeans). eggs, or whatever you wanted. The staff is very friendly and helpful, assisted us in booking our tours, and in finding our way about the city. They even did some laundry for us, and charged very little. No problems with the wifi, and the owner was personable and visits the hotel every day.

I'd like to comment on the previous review - NEVER leave anything valuable in your room in Central America, and if you must do so, make sure it is well hidden. The chambermaids come from really poor families, and I suppose the temptation of money in the room is very great. And DON'T forget to leave a tip - a dollar (or equivalent in local currency) per day stayed means a LOT to these ladies, many of whom are single mothers.

Room Tip: We liked #12, right next to the garden cafe!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple