All reviewshotel poolbusiness trippupusaslarge poolvip loungeomelette stationclub floorbreakfast buffetroom facingfree weightsfavorite hotelzona rosacouple of nightscentral americafelt safenice staybit dated
Reviewed 10 May 2017

The area is pretty quiet and safe. Hotel staff is the best I have experienced in Latin America and the restaurant is really good considering this is a major chain hotel.
I like be the breakfast very much. Rooms are fine although a bit dated.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Marketing C, Gerente at Sheraton Presidente San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Good morning AtlantaGooner,

We are pleased to hear you had a great time with us. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I went to El Salvador for Business and the company had switched the other hotel that we booked for this one. The hotel was well located, near our offices and the service was excellent. They greet you with a free drink and all the employees that we encountered were very helpful and kind. We were hungry and luckily they had an afternoon buffet that was simply delicious. I was able to taste some local food (tamales, pupusa etc) and enjoy a local beer as well. The room was good, I understand that they are going through renovations so mine probably wasn't renovated at the time. The only thing that was not good was that the air conditioner was freezing at night and I couldn't regulate the temperature. The front office immediately sent a maintenance worker to fix it at midnight. It seems that this hotel has been visited by many foreign presidents as we could see several pictures of the hotel manager with celebrities and foreign politicians. I wish I had brought a bathing suit to swim on that very inviting pool they have, I know I will the next time. Overall, it was a great experience and highly recommend this hotel for any type of visit.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Eluminaz

Good morning Eluminaz,

We are pleased to hear you had a great time staying with us. It is our duty making sure our guests are as comfortable as possible. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

About 45 min from the airport, in a very questionable area, the Sheraton is a gem. Rooms are immaculate, service was fast and efficient. The food was delish! Got a sweet deal of a king suite with breakfast for 122. The grounds were clean and safe.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Good morning Nan Z,

We are happy to hear you had a great time with us. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

It is rare for me to write a review for a hotel, but sometimes an experience demands that you put aside your pressing work and deadlines and recognize when a group of people have gone above and beyond the call to make sure you had a great stay and event. I have always loved staying at the Sheraton Presidente. It is my favorite hotel in San Salvador, especially since they completed their renovations. I love the beautiful pool area and location, but what really sets it apart is the staff. You can really tell that the hotel is managed very well, and management must do a great job communicating to the staff to really focus on the needs of the guests. For me the most importantly sign it is a great hotel is that the employees all seem happy to work there. From the friendly welcome from Elsy at the front desk to the older Bell Hop who always greats us and comments on how much the kids have grown, we always feel like welcomed guests.
Our last stay was more involved because we were putting on a marriage retreat for 25 couples. I had checked a couple of other hotels in the area but after my first meeting with Andrea and Tania in the events department, it was an easy decision. Even though ours was a smaller event they treated us as if it was their top priority. They worked with me every step of the way to help us have the best event within our budget. They always responded to my requests promptly, and when I delayed to respond to them with needed information, they diligently followed up. It is rare at an event for people to notice the serving staff, but I had several people mention to me how amazingly attentive the two young ladies serving coffee during our breaks were to all of our guests. As always the food was excellent.
The group booking manager Elizabeth Castro diligently made sure we had the connecting rooms and extra beds for those with kids and accommodated our last minute rooms and even a no-show. We were definitely high-maintenance to work with but she never let that fluster her. Even though the day of check in for the event was her day off she responded to my emails and took care of last minute changes.
If you are looking for a lovely place to stay in San Salvador the Sheraton Presidente is the place. If you are looking for a place to hold an event I guarantee that your guests will love it and their staff will make it the easiest event you have ever planned.

Room Tip: pool view rooms are great but check in they have a wedding planned if you need to get to sleep early
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Good morning Peterson12051,

We are happy to hear you love staying with us. It is always a pleasure helping our guests be as comfortable as possible during their stay and making sure their events go as planned. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Pleasant, comfortable hotel, good size rooms, nice swimming pool, secure in a reasonable area of San Salvadore. Staff very courteous and polite, good breakfast with fresh cooked eggs. Dinner also good with reasonable service

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Good morning angiesteer,

Thank you for your comments.
We hope you visit us again soon.