Lowest prices for your stay
$113
$124
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$102
Barcelo.com$113
Hotels.com$113
Lol.travel$136
1,427 results
All reviews churchill bar great hotel zona rosa recommend this hotel the hotel staff enjoyed my stay nice area safe area barcelo gym nelson luis country
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

Ever since Barceló bought this hotel, things have been going down hill from there.

Seems like the change really did come at a bad time, considering covid and all.

My wife and I stayed here in April and we noticed that they have started to assign only the bottom floors. They also only assign the the rooms that face the city and leave out the rooms with volcano view. Maybe they only give them out to customers who don't book with discounts, which would explain why we had such a lack of attention to detail in our stay.

The room was not nice, the minibar was empty (although we did have the fridge connected in the room).

They used to offer courtesy drinks at stikers bar and now they stopped doing so.

The hotel looks worn-out, carpets, towels and linnen. My towel was so thin that felt like it was going to get torn. Cuttlery at the restaurant was aweful too.

Overall I didn't enjoy the feeling I got while staying here since I couldn't help comparing it with the "hotel" I've been visitin for over 5 years now.
I recommend management to do something about it asap.

Room tip: Close to main landmarks. Walking distance to restaurants and night life. Safe neighborhood.
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Y4049QWcarloss
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the detailed review and feedback on your recent stay. Our team will discuss how we can improve on these areas of performance so we can improve in the future. Covid did hurt us a lot, but slowly we are trying to improve. We will forward your observations and comments to our Executive Office. We hope you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2022

I was visiting San Salvador for a relatives wedding taking place at the Barcelo. I did not stay at the hotel, but I had a drink at the Churchill Bar in the lobby the evening of the event. After a couple drinks I paid my $50 tab with my credit card and left. The next day I noticed I had a $342 transaction from the hotel on my card, this was very strange because I didn’t even stay at the hotel. A day later before heading back home to the States, I went back to the Barceló to inquire about the charge and conveniently there was no one to talk to, everyone had gone out for lunch. Now back home trying to resolve this and I’m caught in a game of “hot potato, “ getting passed from one place to next without resolution. I can’t believe I lost site of my card for two minutes when the bartender took it to a little room just outside the bar, then this….something shady is going on there. It’s shocking that such a thing can occur at a reputable hotel like the Barceló.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2022

Pros: Location, very friendly and helpful staff, nice coffee shop inside hotel. Hotel restaurants are OK.

Cons: Hotel needs updates. Rooms are showing age. The bed in my room was very uncomfortable: matees was spongy. Towels are old and very rough, especially bad for sensitive skin. Bring your own toiletries, as the onces that hotel provides are of very low quality. There is a coffee machine in the room but the coffee provided is of very poor quality. The pool is very small and quite shallow. Breakfast is OK. However, if you come very early in the morning, you will notice that fruits are leftovers from the prior day and are not tasty. The quality gets better later in the day.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,
We appreciate the time you spent sharing your comments following your visit to Barceló San Salvador. Our guests' feedback is of the utmost importance because it gives us the chance to improve customer service, maintenance issues or any other problem that we might not be aware of. We will forward your observations to our Executive Office.

Reviewed 2 December 2021

The title said it all, located smack in the middle of very nice area, which is what we are looking for since we are female and San salvador is the end of the trip. Very clean and at the same par like Mariott. Polo Campero,Bambu mall and mc donald accross the street. Price is a steal for US standard, at $60 per night (we book few months ahead).

Date of stay: November 2021
1  Thank simpangratis
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2021

Dear Guest,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent reviewing your recent experience in our hotel, Barcelo San Salvador. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our great location and services, we always strive to exceed guests' expectations and your comments will help our team reach that goal. Thank you for highlighting our location, cleanliness, and price. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2021

This was my first trip to El Salvador and was not sure what to expect. I was extremely happy with the trip and with Barcelo. The hotel staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The rooms were very nice. The bed was comfortable. The hotel itself is located in a very upscale neighbor of San Salvador. Lots of restaurants nearby. I felt very safe and comfortable walking around the area during the day and at night.

Date of stay: November 2021

Dear Guest,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent reviewing your recent experience in our hotel, Barcelo San Salvador. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our great location and services, we always strive to exceed guests' expectations and your comments will help our team reach that goal. Thank you for highlighting our staff, rooms, and location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.